Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement

"Damn, nice catch," my friend Sandra said to me, as I popped open the beer that she threw to me.

"Nice throw. Almost gave me a black eye," I replied, taking a big gulp.

She snorted and sat down next to me in an old lawn chair she pulled out of her mom's storage house. She sighed, ran her fingers through her long, sand colored hair, and leaned back in the chair.

"Oh well," she mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Yeah," I said, looking up at the sky. "When's it supposed to happen?"

"Few minutes."

"People aren't really freaking out. They're just sitting out here like us, waiting for it."

"What good would freaking out do?"

"Yeah," I agreed.

"You call your mom?" she asked. I nodded.

"Said she won't be able to make it in time and she loves me. You call yours?"

"Yeah. Said she loved me and shit, too. Shit people usually say before they know they're about to die."

"You don't think she meant it?"

"Hell no. But... it was nice to hear her say it, I guess," she said, smiling at me.

Stubborn as always. I smiled back.

"What do you think's gonna happen after this?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"We'll just be dead. There isn't anything after this," she said. I looked over at Sandra's next door neighbors, an old couple looking to be in their eighties. They were kissing each other on the cheek and smiling, most likely saying 'I love you.'

"So, everything was for nothing?"

"Not necessarily," Sandra said, grabbing my hand. I looked over at her. I never noticed how beautiful her smile was, how bright her light blue eyes were. And they were only getting brighter and even more beautiful, as we moved closer and closer towards the sun. "At least we're together."

"Like always," I replied, smiling. One last smile, one last touch before disintegrating into nothing from the heat of the sun.

Advertisement