Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement

After a week of work-related stress and family affairs, I had finally been able to get some sleep. Wandering back into my suite-style apartment, I moseyed through my kitchen and den into my bedroom, where I could drift off. Lying down, I closed my eyes, and at last enjoyed the wonders of REM.

Broken window of refuge

Crash!

The sound of glass breaking bolted me from my slumber. Shit! My apartment is getting robbed! I sat in bed, too terrified to move. All I could do was listen for any other sounds.

Thump.

A light noise – as if something soft was thrown onto a solid surface – was all I heard. I continued to sit upright, and waited for any other movements from the intruder.

After a few minutes that felt like hours, I heard no other sounds. I grabbed a baseball bat from my closet and walked cautiously over to the entrance into the adjacent room – the den/kitchen. I could hardly open the door; my hand was shaking so much.

I walked in, turned on the lights, and threw up on the spot – lying on the coffee table in the middle of the den was a very young girl. She couldn’t have been any older than six. She had been stabbed in the heart by a wooden cross, her eyes gouged out and placed next to her defiled corpse. It was worse than The Twilight Zone, it was total hell.

In front of the coffee table was a typewritten note:

Behold thy daughter.


My… daughter? I didn’t have a daughter. What did this person want?!

Other than the terrifying sight, the only other thing that was different was the window. The glass was broken – this must have been the way the intruder got in and out of the room. Considering I lived on the first floor of my apartment building, it seemed perfectly plausible.

I managed to get over to the window and look outside for any sight of this person(?), but I saw something even more horrifying instead.

The glass shards from the broken window were outside, meaning that the glass was broken from inside my apartment.



Written by Daltsch
Originally uploaded on November 20th, 2011
Content is available under CC BY-SA

Advertisement