Thank you to all who entered in the Creepypasta Costume Contest (2015).
Here is a link where you can view the costumes. Thanks for entering and putting time into your costumes. We hope to see you next year with even more costumes.
So remember last year where we did that costume contest during October and a bunch of you guys put my costume to shame (and Jay's costume gave me erotic nightmares)? Yeah, let's do that again.
So a brief re-introduction. The Halloween costume contest is to showcase some of the more creative and artistic users by allowing them to submit their costumes/cosplays from their favorite horror/sci-fi movies, literature, t.v. shows. At the end of submissions, a select few will be announced winners and could have their submissions entered into the Nightmare Fuel section and gain bragging rights/renown.
- Costumes from creepypasta-based characters (Like Jeff the Killer, Laughing Jack, Slenderman, and others) WILL be part of the contest this year. That being said, originality trumps recognition. If we have a dozen Jeff the Killer costumes, the chances of you winning are going to be very slim. So think outside the box.
- Submissions must be your own. No looking up photos that you didn’t make and submitting them. I’m not going to ask for proof or authenticity or anything like that, just putting you all to an honor code.
- No store-bought costumes, you can buy items and make-up to accentuate your design; just not a store-bought costume that requires zero effort.
- No sabotaging or removing other people’s submissions from the submission page. (That one should be fairly obvious.)
Let's set down a schedule so we can keep everything organized. We will start accepting submissions October 18th, 2015 and we will close the submissions November 1st, 2015. Depending on how many submissions we have, the judges could be done in a few days or a week.
Onto the judges: we will need to elect some people to select five or ten costumes and from there we can possible do a poll or leave it up to the judges.
I’m making this post early so you all have time to plan. Feel free to comment below if you have some suggestions, want to nominate a judge (Closed.), or just have some unanswered questions. Best of luck to you all.
Update: Judges List (Closed)
How to enter contest submissions
Rather than make a second page for entries, we will be using this forum post as a means for submitting your entries. The period for submissions will begin Oct. 18th and will close Nov. 1st. Note that any submissions before or after those dates will be removed and disqualified.
- Simply attach one to three photos of your costume in a comment below. (Do not add more than three photos as it will clutter up up the page.)
- List the costume character/give a brief explanation if it is original.
- You can comment on other people's costumes, but do not put your costume picture in a reply on another user's post. Each submission should be separate from other users so as to easily identify (and if need be, remove submissions that violate the rules set above)
Participants (in chronological order)
People's Choice Winner
DefiantFazbear Disqualified for plagiarism. (Banned for six months.)
Winner for judges' pick is: Crossjos
Winner of the People's Choice costume is: ShadowHawk5