The history of creepypasta-related events and media.
- February 27th - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green Version are released in Japan, which included the original Lavender Town music.
- August 3rd - Polybius is archived on Coinop.org.
- September 30th - The games Pokémon Red and Blue Versions are released worldwide, along with an altered version of the Lavender Town music.
- February 27th - Usenet group rec.games.video.arcade.collecting makes inquires the validity of Polybius.
- March 23rd - Ted the Caver story begins on an Angelfire page.
- May 19th - Ted the Caver stops updating their page.
- April 11th - User Al Kossow claims the Polybius story was invented by Usernet user CyberYogi
- July 27th - SomethingAwful User Shmorky uploads modified versions of Nancy and Archie comics with the first mentions of the word "Zalgo"
- 2005 - The tap-dancing clip from "The Goddess Bunny" is uploaded to eBaumsworld.com and eventually becomes Obedece a la morsa/Obey the walrus.
- January 5th - Ted from Ted the Caver appears on the National Speleological Society message board and pronounces his story is fictitious.
- Late 2005 - Earliest posts about the Rake are made on 4chan's /b/ board for the post "hey /b/ lets make a new monster"
- January 1st - "The Holder of the End" is archived on 4chan's /b/ board.
- Mid-2007 - Smile.jpg makes its early debut.
- March 28th - THEN WHO WAS PHONE found on 4chan's /x/ board.
- April 18th - User erwilzei uploads "Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv" to YouTube (The creepypasta is added to alternate versions of the video in the following days).
- April 20th - Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv is revealed to be a work of fiction.
- Late-2008 - Smile.jpg gains popularity.
- October 3rd - User Sesseur uploads "Jeff the killer" to YouTube.
- October 14th - User killerjeff uploads the infamous Jeff the Killer image to Newgrounds.
- October 14th - User JustAnotherJengaBlock uploads Go To Sleep Creepypasta to 4chan's /x/ board.
- 2009 - The Russian Sleep Experiment makes its Internet debut.
- 2009 - A video containing details on the Squidward’s Suicide episode is posted on YouTube.
- March 15th - "Candle Cove" is submitted to the Ichior Falls horror fiction website.
- June 10th - SA User Victor Surge submits Slenderman pictures on Something Awful forums for a Photoshop contest.
- June 11th - SA User Victor Surge updates the Slenderman story.
- June 12th - SA User LeechCode5 adds an image and a back story to the Slenderman mythos.
- June 14th - SA User TrenchMaul uses the Slenderman character for his own story.
- June 20th - Joseph DeLage and Troy Wagner begin the Marble Hornets Project.
- June 27th - Pokémon Creepy Black creepypasta submitted on the Nintendo DS blog Tiny Cartridge.
- June 30th - An article on the gaming blog Kotaku references the Tiny Cartridge post detailing Pokémon Creepy Black.
- August 4th - Gaming blog Gameinformer publishs an article about Pokémon Creepy Black, stating that there were attempts by hackers to make the game a reality.
- August 10th - User the_solipist submits information and images about the Grifter to 4chan's /x/ board.
- August 21st - User the_solipist admits that the Grifter is fiction.
- August 22nd - SA User Shmorky provides the back story to the origin of "Zalgo" on Something Awful forums.
- November 2009 - suicidemouse.avi gains popularity.
- November 25th - YouTube user Nec1 uploads suicidemouse.avi, along with its creepypasta.
- December 8th - YouTube user suicidemouseavi uploads a duplicate of the video.
- Early-2010 - A remix of the Lavender Town song appears.
- January 17th - Garry’s Mod user kitty0706 uploads a "survival guide" for suicidemouse.avi
- January 18th - The suicidemouse.avi story and video are submitted to a thread on the Snopes forum.
- January 19th - Dead Bart is created and uploaded on a suicidemouse thread.
- February 2010 - Google Search results for Barbie.avi appear for the first time
- February 21st - The first version of the Lavender Town creepypasta is uploaded to Pastebin.
- March 3rd - The Lavender Town creepypasta is mentioned on 4chan’s /x/ board
- June 2010 - Search engine results for Lavender Town Syndrome become popular.
- June 6th - Pokémon Lost Silver appears in a 4chan thread.
- June 7th - A screen capture of the 4chan thread containing the Pokémon Lost Silver story is uploaded to deviantART by user ZOMGZADR
- June 20th - suicidemouse.avi is recognized in an Urban Dictionary entry.
- June 23rd - Pokémon Lost Silver is posted on the entertainment blog The Colligere
- August 8th - Creepypasta Wiki is made by Cleric of Madness.
- August 16th - Pokémon Lost Silver is mentioned in a post on the Otaku site Figure.fm.
- August 31st - An Italian translation of Pokémon Lost Silver is posted on the gaming blog Che Altro.
- September 1st - YouTube user dabr1dg3 uploads a video showing a fan-made Pokémon Lost Silver game.
- September 7th - 4chan user Jadusable posted a thread about his experiences with a haunted Majora’s Mask cartridge for the N64.
- September 15th - Jadusable's "roommate" uploads free.wmv and TheTruth.txt at 23:04 P.M.
- September 20th - Jadusable reveals that the Majora's Mask story was a hoax.
- November 11th - A post of the creepypasta Pokemon Creepy Black appears on 4chan’s /x/ board.
- 2011 - BOB story discovered on the /x/ board on 4chan.
- January 2011 - Cupcakes fanfiction is rumored to have first appeared on 4chan’s /co/ board, allegedly written by Sergeant Sprinkles.
- January 3rd - Pokémon Creepy Black was posted on the Pokémon fan forum Pokeboard.
- February 8th - The fan-made Pokémon Lost Silver game is posted to the /r/pokemon subreddit.
- February 21st - The Majora's Mask creepypasta is posted on the Within Hubris forums.
- February 28th - A Yahoo Answers question about the video’s authenticity is posted.
- June 25th - Website Tohjo Falls releases a demo for fan-made versions of a game based on Pokémon Creepy Black.
- July 26th - Minecraft creator Notch adds Endermen in an online update to the game
- October 31st - YouTube user Lightningspirit78 uploads a reading of Pokémon Lost Silver.
- December 26th - Pokémon Lost Silver is posted on the Internet humor site FunnyJunk.
- June 26 - Slender: The Eight Pages is created by Paresec Productions.
- Wikipedia article on Pokémon Red and Blue
- Polybius on Coinop.org
- "Polybius" on KYM
- "Lavender Town Syndrome Creepypasta" on KYM
- Archived Usenet discussion on Polybius
- Ted the Caver's Angelfire page
- "Ted the Caver" on KYM
- Last page of Ted the Caver
- Al Kossow's response to Polybius story
- One of Shmorky's modified Nancy comics
- "Zalgo" on KYM
- "Obedece a la morsa / Obey the walrus" on KYM
- "Ted the Caver Mystery" on John's Blog
- "The Rake" on KYM
- "The Holders" on KYM
- "Smile.jpg" on KYM
- "THEN WHO WAS PHONE?" on KYM
- "Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv" on KYM
- Original Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv video on YouTube
- Screencap of the posting
- "Russian Sleep Experiment" on KYM
- "Candle Cove" on Ichior Falls
- "Slender Man" on KYM
- "Pokémon Black" on Tiny Cartridge
- "The Grifter" on KYM
- "Suicide Mouse" on KYM
- "Suicide Mouse" thread on Snopes
- "Pokémon Lost Silver" on KYM
- Urban Dictionary's entry for "suicidemouse.avi"
- "Majora's Mask Creepypasta (BEN DROWNED)" on KYM
- "Bobbrutal Obscene Beast" on KYM
- "Cupcakes" on KYM