Hello everyone. I would first like to thank you for taking the time and consideration to review/read my application for administrator. About a month ago I obtained, to my delight, the responsibility for a member of the VCROC brigade. I was aware of the workload that came with being a VCROC, but I do believe that I did a great job at editing pastas, improving grammar, and cleaning up formatting. I should also mention that I have been a chat moderator for nearly 5 months now, a job I treat with good respect, and I try my best to be friendly and courteous to every user on this site.
While a few users did have an issue with one or two ways I was going about my responsibility, I have certainly since taken their criticism on board and will make sure that these particular instances will never happen again. I will also be open to any criticism I have in the future, and try my best to improve upon my performance.
- Must have been active on the wiki for six months: I have been active for more than 11 months now.
- Must have at least 1,250 edits, 900 of which must be on articles: I currently have 4,484 edits, 3,068 of those on articles.
- Must know how to categorize pages: Pretty standard. Categorize the page to the appropriate category. I.E. a pasta about a historical event, goes in the "History" category.
- Must know how to move files and pages: I know how to rename and move the files and pages.
- Must know how to delete pages and files: Click the scroll-down arrow beside "edit" and click "delete".
- Must know how to block a user for an appropriate amount of time: 1 day for a reupload, 3 days for pointsgaming, vandalism varies on the degree of damage done.
- Must be familiar with the layout of the wiki: Very familiar with the layout here. I know the naming conventions and I help update the user rights templates
With these rights, there is a lot more than just good work rate and a willing diligence. There is also quite a lot of responsibility, but it is a responsibility that I think I am ready to handle. You have to know how to keep a cool head, must be friendly and approachable; not be intimidating, and be able to represent our wiki in a good manner to new users and to other wikis.
Other than all this, I am also a frequent user of the forums. If I have an issue with this site I will create a forum and will always leave my feedback on other people's forums. I also recently created and organised the "Halloween Writing Competition 2013" and I promise that if I do obtain these rights that I won't disappoint with other fun things to do, and I believe I can help this wiki develop and become more efficient.
- Support -
- Neutral -
- Oppose -
Please sign your replies!
Support - YEEE
Support - Best person for the job, trustworthey, honest, and all of the traits of an admin. TheOperator 18:22, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Support - I really really do not see a reason why Cresh could fail as an admin, also he smells nice. Child of Mantits 18:38, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Crash would be an excellent admin. He's approachable and friendly, but knows when he has to be strict. He's one of the best for the job. 18:47, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Support - finally you applied you would make such a great admin 19:10, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Support - 20:36, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING Support - !!! Chicks and dudes, who ya think is really kickin' tunes? (talk) 20:48, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
Support - You have no idea for how long I have been waiting for this. --"You know why he's here? Why he's investigating the broken rules? He's not paid or anything. He likes it. He gets off on it" (talk) 15:57, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Crash, you well deserve this spot. No doubts, nor concerns. What is competition? I'm trying to raise the bar high (talk) 23:34, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Eh, you'll pass.
"Never say never, cause limits, like fears, are often just an illusion" 22:59, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
Neutral - leaning towards Support - I like you, though sometimes the attitude you have in chat can hurt my opinion. And let's not get started with the drunk talk... --K0R0M0 (talk) 02:10, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
Support - for all the reasons already listed by cym himself.