Hey there! It's Wave/Flame19/Pari applying for adminship here on the Creepypasta Wiki.
I have given a lot of thought to this, and I'm sure I could use admin rights, because there are some things I cannot do in the wiki as VCROC. For example, I cannot undelete pages, close threads, delete comments and edit blog posts. And I've been helping out with the spinoff appeal, so I'd like the rights to bypass the blacklist filter. Besides, I would not need to run up to a user to make him/her remove categories from her blog post (when it's a blogicle I simply delete it, of course, but sometimes there are exceptions. Like This guy's most recent post.
Now I know that Emp and I are the only VCROC's, and green text, and stuff. But to be fair, is it really necessary to have at least one moderator on the site? I'm sure having some extra administrators would help the wiki more. It's true that in the past, I have made some mistakes, but I've amended them in the best way I could. I'm sorry for turning the spinoff appeal green (this still haunts me) and for a couple of other minor transgressions. I know better, now. So here's to hoping you're going to give it a thought.
- Must have been active on the wiki for six months. -About a year, now.
- Must have at least 800 edits, 600 of which must be on articles. -Somewhere over 2000 edits. About 1000 on articles.
- Must know how to categorize pages. -I don't use hotCat, but yes. It's simple enough. I know which categories were deleted and the ones that still exist.
- Must know how to move files and pages. -Hit rename, or put down Special:MovePage/<name> in the link. No redirect needed, unless you're changing the name entirely. Like This Page.
- Must know how to delete pages and files. -Just hit delete or add '?&action=delete'. Then put down a reason.
- Must know how to block a user for an appropriate amount of time. -Spam page: 3 days, vandalism: 2 weeks, plagiarism: a month. Double the ban for a repeated offense.
- Must be familiar with the layout of the wiki. -yes.
- Support -
- Neutral -
- Oppose -
Please sign your replies!
Oppose - Considering certain variables, I think you need to work on what you think is quality or not. Certainly, you have some good streaks, but then there are things like Pokemon Golden Yellow. You know, the story Guy overturned your decision on Spinoff Appeal for? VCROC also already are able to bypass the filter. To be honest, I still don't think you're quite ready for the position. It's a little different from VCROC.
All in all, for now, I oppose. I think you need to redouble your efforts and do a little studying before you can get on to the big league.
Also, I do have a couple things to say about how you have your prereqs arranged. For example, sure. You know what categories have been deleted and what is still there. That's not what it's asking you. Do you know how to categorize the articles with them? Do you know what category needs what article?
Continuing, all I have seen you do is edit. You don't participate in the Writer's Workshop board from what I've seen, you don't do a lot in the forums in general. Granted, they're optional. Even I can't participate all of the time. But, part of adminship is being able to go through the whole of the wiki and do work. It's not just editing and deleting pages. It's an incredible number of tools and things to do with them.
- I'm sorry about Pokemon Golden yellow. That's one of the mistakes I've made that won't leave me. I don't really want to make a paragraph of this, but it's also one of the things I've learnt from.
- Also, I couldn't post 'Wilderness' when I tried. It's probably something else, then. As for the prereqs, I'll edit them to cover all the points.
- One of the reasons why I'd rather edit articles is because I'm sure of my grammar. Maybe even over confident, but confident nevertheless. I try to help out with other things I come across too, though, like user rights templates, uncategorised pages, broken redirects, whatever I think I can do, while keeping a safe distance from wiki text. I'll help out with the writer's workshop and participate in the forum more often, since I'm lagging there. Thanks a bunch for your reply. It's something I'll work on. -WaveDivisionMultiplexer (Talk) (Contribs) 08:32, May 18, 2014 (UTC)