Hi there. I decided to apply for 'crat. My reason? Well, it would make handling user rights easier, particularly VCROC and AbuseFilterBypass (which is supposed to be addable by sysops, but oh well). Also because a lot of people have recommended I do so, or are just surprised I'm not one already.
Even though in the past people agreed that we have more than enough 'crats, that isn't really the case nowadays. Cleric is basically inactive, and Sloshed has been sort of fading into the background as his activity gradually decreases. Maria is by far the most prominent current bureaucrat, probably the closest one to being a community leader.
Furthermore, I am the admin most responsible for keeping this site running smoothly nowadays (as much as I can, anyways), mainly by keeping the quality in check, helping out users, etc. Although becoming bureaucrat would mean even more work for me, it would mean less work for Maria, so it all balances out, I guess. Now on to the qualifications!
- PREREQUISITE: Administrator
- Must have been active on the wiki for at least 12 months.
- One year and twelve days! I'm sure some of the older users on here still think of me as a newb.
- Must have at least 5,000 edits, 4,500 of which must be on articles.
- 6,747 article edits, 35,588 total edits. Most of them are pretty good edits, I think, particularly the newer ones. You can view them here.
- Must have been an administrator for at least four months
And, uh... Yeah. That's about it.
- Support -
- Neutral -
- Oppose -
Please sign your replies!
Oppose - Before I give my reasoning I would like to point out this is only my opinion. I oppose, not because I don't like you, or that I don't think you have the requirements. I oppose because I see a bureaucrat as someone who fights for the people, in favor of the people, and in the interest of the people. Now, you do have all but a few of the making of a bureaucrat.
1. You do in fact enforce the rules, abide my them, and you do not take shit from anyone. Now this is a good trait, it is not as good for a bureaucrat. A bureaucrat should be on the chat at least 2-3 hours a day or at the least 3 hours every other day. I say this because a bureaucrat needs to know the people of this wiki, not just know of their existence but about them. I think you make an outstanding admin, but not as much as a bureaucrat.
2. You need to be in favor of the people. When I say this I do not mean don't block/ban anyone all I mean is that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. For instance. If someone has broken the rules and they didn't mean it or was not aware it was bad, and are sorry for what they did. I think it is fair to let them off with either a shortened punishment or a warning (depending on the punishment).
3. You need to understand that everyone is equal. You need to look past ranks,status, and any other sorts of titles, and see people as people. If a new user comes on you need to see them just as you see yourself. If someone has a bad record, that does not necessarily make them a bad person. If someone has changed how they act, and have proven they are indeed looking for redemption, you need to see this and understand they want to be a part of this community. When you see an admin most people would obviously assume that he or she is a trusted member of this community. Now as this is mostly true. It DOES NOT make them any better, or worse then anyone else and should be treated as such. This means if an admin were to make a mistake that would end in either a ban/kick/block they should have the same justice as a regular user would. Admins and mods and ALL other staff on this wikia are not the police they just enforce the rules. This is even stated in the rules. I have noticed most of the mods/admins have a false sense of superiority, and feel as if they are immune to the rules and such consequences. For example, I noticed many mods (not really any admins) that use caps. When I say this I mean they would do as such: 'HOLD S**T THATS COOL' 'HEY CHECK THSI OUT' and nothing would be done, not even a warning.
4. I have no personnel grudge against you, nor do I hate you. I only wish to help you understand what I think a bureaucrat should be. In fact the only reason I'm telling you all this is because any other person I know would take this to offence. And you do have one HUGE thing that a bureaucrat needs. You can take something like this and learn from it. You may not be perfect, but nobody is. You are one of the best admins on this wikia. I tell you this in hopes you can take my advice to heart, and see as I see. I want to end this saying I think you are an amazing help to this wikia, I only wish for the betterment of you and everyone else. I am not an enemy to you. I am only trying to help another human being. I love everyone, just as you should. No matter what they appear to be. Everyone, is equal.
21:21, December 19, 2013 (UTC)
Support - You're a good b'crat on... generally all of the pasta wikis. Is there one other than here you're not a bureaucrat on? Nevermind that, just Support - 00:53, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
Support - All of my yes. Just. All of my yes. I have been waiting this day for a while now, Skelly. You are such a good editor, and also you are quite an influence on a lot of users (including myself). You actually deserve the right, itself. You did such a good job on Trollpasta, and Spinpasta. You'll do best on the right, itself.
Support - I always wondered why you weren't a çrat yet. :33 03:18, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Skellywellybelly, you need to be a bcrat as of 3 months ago. 03:20, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Yes please - CrashingCymbal 18:18, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
Support - All of my yes 18:22, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
There's honestly nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said. You deserve this title so much you shouldn't even have to apply. You're devoted enough to this site that you keep it alive when editors dwindle in number, and keep us afloat. And man, has it been a year already since you joined? Time sure flied by fast.
There is nobody more deserving of this title than you Skelly, so my answer is Support -
~We are the Jack-o-Laterns in July, setting fire to the sky!~ 11:34, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
Support - I never thought you'd really go ahead and make an application! I'm glad you decided to do it. You do deserve it. --"You know why he's here? Why he's investigating the broken rules? He's not paid or anything. He likes it. He gets off on it" (talk) 12:59, December 16, 2013 (UTC)