- Must have been active on the wiki for two months.
I joined June 5 2014, so I've been here for over 3 months.
- Must have 200 article edits or 25 cases where you have undone vandalism.
Got that, but I have no idea how many are good edits...
I do remember reporting vandalism to admins however so that they could fix what I couldn't.
- Must know the wiki naming conventions.
It's just dealing with titles and titling stuff correctly. First letter in titles is always capital. Major words are capital. Minor words like articles, prepositions, or coordinating conjunctions aren't capital unless they are the first word in the title.
Ok, now I introduce myself. I am Maulle, a who wishes to help this site further.
I want to help fight and fix all the spam and vandalism on the site so I'm taking another step in doing so.
I also like to help users in chat whenever I can. If you want someone to help you and nobody in main is willing to help or even acknowledge your posts in chat, then I step in. If you PM me and ask for help, no matter who you are, I will help you to the best of my ability.
With rollback, I can move pages around, which will be useful because I see lots of pages here with bad titles that need moved and it makes me mad that I can't fix it. There's not alot to edit on this site due to its extreme cleanliness, so I look at the forums and edit articles when I can find stuff to edit. Once in awhile I find something good to edit. Most of the time, no.
I also like redesigning templates. You want fancy? I'll give you fancy. The only template, however, that I have redesigned here was the princess one and that was who knows how long ago. Only did it because the previous one was too...girly and happy looking. This is a pasta site, not a girly MLP site. I didn't know the rules here that well so I didn't know if it was allowable for normal users to edit templates or not but I didn't really care at the time.
Honestly, I don't very much doubt that I, of all people even qualify or deserve to have or for any position here and think it's too soon to apply here and I'm sure that this app with fail, but nonetheless I want to see your votes and for all of you to tell me what I can do to improve. I want to see what I do good, what I do bad and what I can do to get better. Now, cast your votes! ஜ۩۞۩ஜ 22:52, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
Reasons to Oppose -
Oppose - He helps in the forums but not on the main site
- You act as if thats not of equal importance. It's as important as the site is. Plus thats where the action is. There's stuff to do in the forums. Theres little to nothing on main. You are all main main main! Don't forget that main is not the most important part of the site. It's importance is equal to that of the forums. It takes all parts to make a whole and you only care about the part rather than the whole.
Oppose - Most of his edits seem useless and unnecessary. Not quality.
- On main mostly. You expect quality edits on the one part of the site where it's now near impossible to do that. And little things still matter people! No matter how small it is, it still matters.
Oppose - Sporadic editing
- Unpredictable schedule that changes without my knowledge and I can't control.
Oppose - Theres plenty to edit here and you don't edit that.
- Not on main there isn't
- The site is so clean that there is nothing to edit.
Theres plenty on main! You can look at the marked for review category!
- Barely any pages in there to edit first of all and you have a very stange deffinition for "plenty" cus theres far from that.
Deadline: October 7, 2014
- Support -
- Neutral -
- Oppose -
Please sign your replies!
I think Maulle would be an amazing addition to our two person rollbacker team. She shows here that she is not only qualified but she is also capable. 23:03, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - I oppose because you have very few article edits. The bulk of your edit count consists of forum, blog and Talk page posts, and the edits you do have are very minor ones such as adding or removing categories. In addition, your activity on the site seems to be pretty sporadic. You had over a dozen edits on September 21st, and none at all the next day.
Overall, it's not your edit quantity I'm concerned about; it's the quality. Saying that there's "not alot" (sic) to edit on this site isn't true at all; a lot of stories can do with some thorough revision, particular articles that are Marked for Review. So before I support, I want to see your edits become both more consistent in quantity and better in quality. A picture is worth a thousand words, but I'd rather write a thousand-word story. (talk) 23:06, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
- There's nothing wrong with making a dozen edits one day and none the next. People have busy schedules, and some days are more demanding than others. The problem comes when people edit frequently one month, but do nothing at all the next. Everything else you said is spot-on. Likferd (talk) 23:19, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - Maulle seems to be a part of a growing trend of people who run spell check on articles, reword phrases that don't always need to be, and replace words with ones that are virtually identical. On this last one, you do want to have some variety in the descriptors you use, but the difference between "ok" and "fine" or "were fake" and "weren't real" are so minimal that it's pointless to edit them. Likferd (talk) 23:15, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose -I barely see you editing and most of your article edits are quite pointless and doesn't affect much the story's quality. 23:18, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
Neutral - I agree with the people who voted on your app, but I do know that you help out a lot on the forums. So that's my say. 23:55, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
- I admit, I'm not exactly the greatest of reviewers. I can edit, but I'm not that great of a critique. Part of my issue with finding stuff to edit on a literature wiki is that to qualify here I basically have to be good at reviewing. I'm a person who is good at maintenance and fixing things. I'm also a person who is good at helping people. Sadly, such things are considered minor here and the only way for a normal user to get quality edits here is to review critique review. Something I'm not good at.
- I know somebodies gonna say I can just go take a class when I really can't due to an unpredictable schedule that I have no control over whatsoever.
- What I do is I fix mistakes even if they are just minor ones, I fancy things up, I do code, I make guides, I assist users, and I edit what I find when I find stuff to edit. ஜ۩۞۩ஜ 00:53, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - I hardly ever see you edit. Sure, you help in the forums, but there's also the fact that you need to be able to determine the quality of an article. Your edits aren't really showing me that - a lot of them seem pointless and unnecessary. Steam Phoenix - Her Majestic and Loyal Talk Page - 00:59, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - Despite your forum expertise, your mainspace edits are lacking. 01:04, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
Support - I think that you only want to help the wiki, and I think you can get the edits rather fast, so yeah, I support this. 03:11, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - Much like your chat mod app, you don't really give me any reason to grant you rights. I never see you actively editing around here. A rollback needs to prove that they are not only competent, but consistent. I just don't see it. Start spending more time on the main page doing constructive work (i.e. get off chat every once in a while), show you're willing to be active, and perhaps later this app will make sense to me. Mystreve (talk) 11:43, October 2, 2014 (UTC)