- See the Genre Listing for the list of categories
First and foremost: Do NOT add a category to a page that isn't on the Genre Listing page. Repeated failure to comply with this rule will result in your account being blocked from editing.
We are not like most wikis with thousands of pointless categories, most with one or two pages linked to them. The categories on this wiki are intended to be indicative of the main theme(s) of a story. See the appropriate section for how to suggest new categories.
- All Site Administration categories (excluding Marked for Review and Delete Now; see below) can only be added or removed by administrators. Meaning they are ADMIN-ONLY.
- The categories "Marked for Review" and "Delete Now" can be added by users, but not removed as they require administrative review before they can be cleared for the site.
- Ghosts, Monsters, Demon/Devil, Beings, Gods, and Cryptids are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE categories. This means you can classify a page as Ghosts, but none of the others. Same goes for the rest.
- While Cryptids and Animals are not strictly mutually exclusive, they should not be used to refer to the same creature in a story. The same goes for any other Beings category paired with Animals.
- Stories in the Video Games category are not to be added to any other categories, except Suggested Reading, Historical Archive, Videos, Memes, Poetry, and Theory.
- Stories in PokéMon and Zelda are not to be added to Video Games, or any other categories except Suggested Reading, Historical Archive, Videos, Poetry, Theory and Memes.
- Stories in the Lost Episodes category are not to be added to Television, or any other categories, except Suggested Reading, Historical Archive, Videos and Memes.
- Books category is not for Diary/Journal pastas. Nor are they to be listed as Items/Objects.
- Holders cannot be added to any other categories.
- The Videos category is for pages with videos. Do not add the Videos category to a page if it does not have one.
- Do not add any stories in the PD author categories to Historical Archive/PD. Do not add HPL stories to Lovecraftian.
- The Hospitals category is for stories that take place primarily in or around hospitals or other similar care facilities, not simply stories involving medical procedures or likewise dismemberment.
- Furthermore, stories in the Hospitals category should not be added alongside the Places category.
- Use the Weird category sparingly. It should only be applied to stories that either don't fit under any other genre categories or are genuinely weird in some way. If a story already has five categories it probably doesn't need to be added to Weird.
- Reddit stories can only be uploaded by their original authors.
- If you have a personal author category, you may add it to any stories you have authored regardless of above category exclusions.
Blogs and User Pages
Blogs are not articles. User pages are not articles. Do not add categories to blogs (other than the default one that is automatically published with each new blog and cannot technically be removed). Do not add categories to user pages.
If you add categories to a blog or a user page, you will be warned, then blocked from editing if the incident repeats itself.
Penalties for Violations
The following is a list of penalties for violations of these rules (this includes adding nonexistent categories/category creation).
- First time: Warning
- Second time: 1 day/violation.
- Third time: 1 week/violation.
- Fourth time: 1 month/violation.
- Fifth time: 3 months/violation.
- Sixth time: 1 year/violation
- Seventh time: Permanent ban from editing.
Suggesting New Categories
If you feel that a category you have in mind would be a useful addition to this site, leave a message on ClericofMadness's talk page with the name of the category, reason(s) why you feel it should be added, and a general idea/list of pages that would fit the category. Again, we are not a search engine and categories are not keywords.
- More info available here: Project:Genre Listing#Site Administration
These categories have uses outside of the "Story". Admin-only categories are in bold.
In the event you write, upload, or transmit via any means a story, page, blog post, or article about a subject matter that is determined, at an admin's discretion, to be 1) in a highly clichéd genre/category/subject and 2) poorly written, clichéd, generic, or terrible in general, then the admins are free at their discretion and leisure to delete the page at any time without warning or recourse on their part.
The admins, editors, and any members associated with this site are not and will never be responsible or liable for any loss of data or stories that happen on this site for any reason or in any manner they may occur.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Although most content is licensed under, not all content falls under this license. Please pay careful attention to the licensing of all stories. We are not responsible for damages, etc. that may arise from mishandling of licensing. When in doubt, contact the author.
Content that is not in the public domain or under a CC0 license must have attribution if used in videos or other media. This is not optional under any other Creative Commons license. That is copyright infringement.