Note: If you really think a spinoff or a pasta containing blacklisted elements should be included here, please make a case in Spinoff Appeal so that it may be preemptively reviewed by sysops.
Due to the excessive similarity and general lack of quality of these types of stories and to the fact that the community at large is fed up with the constant posting of subpar spinoffs on this site, we no longer accept spinoffs, sequels, prequels, knockoffs, or fanfics of stories or creepypasta entities the author didn't create of any kind.
This includes, but is in no way limited to,
Pokémon Creepy Black,
Snow on Mt. Silver,
Squidward's Suicide/Red Mist,
Normal Porn for Normal People,
Abandoned by Disney,
The Russian Sleep Experiment,
Jeff the Killer,
The Holders series,
(this includes making spinoffs of existing spinoffs, like Slenderman vlogs.)
This also includes more recent characters/memes such as Sirenhead, Momo, and the Backrooms (generic beings such as wendigos/skinwalkers are fine, just not specific named characters.)
So basically, no spinoffs are to be posted to this site without admin review. PERIOD. It doesn't matter if they originated on this wiki or not, NO SPINOFFS!
Furthermore, NO FANFICTION OF ANY KIND is permitted.
Listed below are additional blacklisted subjects that have been banned since this rule's creation. While they don't count as spinoffs, per sé, it's generally agreed-upon that most of them are essentially bad rehashes/carbon copies of more successful pastas. They contain themes, elements and formulas that are, for one reason or another, heavily overused and used poorly.
NOTE: Existing spinoffs and sequels/prequels can stay (if they're good enough), you just can't post new ones.
- No more MLP grimdark fics. These count as fan fiction. Try writing a pasta about (gasp) the figurines themselves instead.
- No SCP pages. Stories inspired by SCP are allowed as long as they don't follow the SCP formula too closely.
- No "lost episode" pastas, or any stories centered on real shows and movies. Any television stories should be centered on fictitious shows, or generic shows (e.g. "the news" or "a soccer game").
- No "OC fact sheet" pages.
- Jeff-"inspired" stories now count as Jeff spinoffs and are dealt with accordingly. See Jeff-"Inspired" Stories for further information.
- No more "theory" pastas for specific movies and TV shows or video games (you can still post "theories" about other things, including film, television, and other media in general, but not about specific shows, games, or characters.)
- REGARDING VIDEO GAME STORIES
- No .exe or "haunted file" style pastas. They're just not scary anymore.
- The previous ban on "haunted gaming" stories has been rescinded, however cliched video game pastas of any kind are still banned. See this blog post for more information.
- No more stories centered on real video games or gaming franchises.
- Cleverbot pastas/blog posts have been forbidden for a while, but now posting one is a bannable offense.
You CANNOT get around these rules by posting stories on the forbidden subjects (that is, the content itself, not offsite links) as blog posts, on the forums, on your userpage or on your Talk page.
In addition to the blacklisted subjects listed above, some pastas are automatically disallowed by our Abuse Filter. The Abuse Filter basically searches for certain key words and phrases in every new pasta and stops the page from being created if it finds them.
There are two filters: the Title Blacklist and the Content Blacklist. The Title Blacklist blocks pages based on what is contained in the title while the Content Blacklist blocks pages based on what is contained in the page itself.
- Title Blacklist:
jeff, slenderman, slendy, sonic, sanic, .exe, .avi, .wav, .txt, .doc, .html, .bat, pokemon, mlp, episode, theory, Suicidemouse, spongebob, cleverbot, funnymouth, squidward, roblox, minecraft, herobrine, scp, happy appy, candle cove, dead bart, smiledog, zalgo, ben, tails doll, brvr, animal crossing, lavender town, swords and potions, proxy, teh, spooderman, land before time, tf2, half life, call of duty, super smash, bad fur day, fluttershy, pony, ponys, ponies, childrens hospital, the killer, fazbear, freddy, grifter
- Content Blacklist:
pokemon, gameboy, n64, xbox, playstation, slendy, slenderman, sonic, zelda, megaman, mario, luigi, fallout 3, minecraft, fazbear
There is also a third filter, the Special Characters Blacklist. It blocks pages which contain special characters in the title. If you are affected by this filter, try to publish your page with no punctuation in the title, then ask an administrator or rollbacker to rename it for you.
What if I want to post a spinoff?
If you really must make a fanquel/spinoff, or a story on one of the subjects listed above, we would prefer if you posted it offsite like on Pastebin, DeviantART or Spinpasta Wiki and make a blog post about it, or link to it on your Talk page or userpage.
If you're REALLY confident in your writing abilities, and think your story on the above subjects is good and original enough to be included on this wiki, try Spinoff Appeal.
In the event you post via any means a story, page, or blog post about a subject matter that is determined, at an admin's discretion, to be 1) in a highly clichéd genre/category/subject and 2) poorly written, clichéd, generic, or of generally poor quality, then the admins are free at their discretion to delete the page at any time without warning.
This wiki is not responsible or liable for any loss of data or stories that happen on this site for any reason or in any manner they may occur.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Although most content is licensed under CC-BY-SA, not all content falls under this license. Please pay careful attention to the licensing of all stories. We are not responsible for damages, etc. that may arise from mishandling of licensing. When in doubt, contact the author.
Content that is not in the public domain or under a CC0 license must have attribution if used in videos or other media. This is not optional under any other Creative Commons license. That is copyright infringement.