Creepypasta Wiki
Register
No edit summary
mNo edit summary
Line 29: Line 29:
   
 
Now as I write this I look out my window and notice the tree it is moving closer although I am not scared of it and its smile because I am more worried about the thing in the reflection of the mirror as it moves closer. As I look into the mirror at the thing that even the creature is afraid of I say. “Hi Josh” and it smiles and the teeth are not sharp like that of a shark instead they look like repeating snake fangs dripping green and the mirror shows its true face that of a rotting corpse and covered in worms and the tattered clothes of something long dead as he begins coming closer I notice the thing at the window smile.
 
Now as I write this I look out my window and notice the tree it is moving closer although I am not scared of it and its smile because I am more worried about the thing in the reflection of the mirror as it moves closer. As I look into the mirror at the thing that even the creature is afraid of I say. “Hi Josh” and it smiles and the teeth are not sharp like that of a shark instead they look like repeating snake fangs dripping green and the mirror shows its true face that of a rotting corpse and covered in worms and the tattered clothes of something long dead as he begins coming closer I notice the thing at the window smile.
  +
[[Category:Beings]]
  +
[[Category:Death]]

Revision as of 08:48, 3 August 2013

Looking back now, all I can see is his damn face. It looks at me, as I close my eyes. I can see the dripping of the black liquid, as it falls from his mouth, ever smiling. His rows of teeth, like sharks, are small and sharp. I'm not sure why, but he let me live.

Not again.

I cannot let it happen again. I will tell the tale now of how I met the entity I call "Mister Smiley." Although it might be better just refer to the creature as an "IT" seeing as the only thing that stays constant about it is the smile. I was just playing a harmless game of hide and seek with some kids from the neighborhood when everything happened. We decided it would be fun to play the game in the woods as they were more places to hide, most of the woods in the area where I live have various paths for logging and mining so getting lost is almost impossible as just about everywhere there are paths that lead back to the main roads. We were not that worried about hiding either the trees or brushes, the mounds of leaves, and the small caves and bridge under passes made excellent places to hide.

We began with a few simple rules making the game a little bit more difficult and hopefully more fun. The first rule we made because a few of us were not very strong in terms of how far our voice could carry over longer distances as flu and cold season was upon us and a few of us had sore throats namely Jimmy, Ricky, Sarah, and Timothy. Although we were stumped as to how to make sounds to signal we were ready we heard the falling of a tree not uncommon as the area was under logging in certain parts only as we heard a thought came to mind we could use wood knocking to signal if we were ready or not one knock for not ready and two for ready. This was a relatively simple rule. The second rule said that we could not go out of the range of where the knocking could be heard this took a while to figure out in a circle how far we could go. The third rule which was also the final rule no one can help the seeker find the others.

So in the beginning I lost at rock paper scissors the most times and the eleven other kids got to hide and as tradition in all the games of hide and seek that we played I waited until everyone knocked twice with their sticks. Right at that moment I should have noticed it but I paid it no head because I thought someone was being a smart ass, the number of knocks I heard was not twenty four, it was twenty six meaning that someone had knocked four times or so I thought.

As I began my search I quickly found most of the others within an hour of searching. Jimmy as in a pile of leaves and jumped win he saw a spider allowing me to find him easily. Sarah let go of the branch she was using to balance in a tree and fell to the ground with a thud alerting me to where she was. Ricky was stuck and crying in a small cave it took five minutes for me to pull him out. As for Timothy he tried hiding in a blueberry bush witch was easy to the cuts and thorns still stuck to him, I was quickly able to round up Carrie, Ginger, Michel, and Josh because they were in the same cave just at different portions of it. John and Richard were easy because they were fighting over the ideal hiding spot in an old cabin. The last one was Kevin he was the hardest to find of all and I wish he had chosen a better hiding spot.

We found Kevin as it began to grow dark we was huddled in the closet of the cabin just repeating “the trees are smiling”. We thought that he was trying to play a prank on us as he was the last one we found, but then Sarah screamed at the window of the of the house there was a tree that was odd because of two distinct features, one was the fact that it was a different color than the other trees almost black with green here and there and the second was in the center of the tree was a mouth that curved in a smile and as the mouth opened up we saw a row of sharp teeth and began to grow larger the longer it keep its mouth open.

We shut the door to the cabin and began to watch the thing as it grew darker outside the cabin its smile grew wider and larger and began to drool a black liquid. I had no way of knowing that “it” was not there at the window at the time but I knew if we left the cabin it would get us. I did not sleep a wink but the next morning we took roll call and new our parents would be looking for us by now. Somehow it knew and smiled and vanished but none of us would leave the cabin as it could be waiting. As the day dragged on we searched the small four room cabin to find why it was not able to come in. We found nothing, but as the day progressed the creature did not return. Around dusk Sarah’s mom was the first parent to come looking for us and we began to step outside the cabin and started to walk home and Sarah ran to her mom and began to hug her.

As we all started to come out of the cabin Kevin huddled in the corner of the closet once again and sad “mister smiley is here.” I asked what he meant as the tree was nowhere to be seen. Just as Kevin was about to answer I heard a scream and saw what caused it the hugging daughter and mother was not the seen from some child’s fairy tale Sarah was pale white as she looked up at her mother’s faces only to see the widened smile and black fluid dripping down on her from the thing that had taken the image of her mother. “Silly thing did you not wonder why I had left for the day” it said and then lift up Sarah who was still in it grasp and began to distort the body of image it had taken to widen its mouth much like a snake would to swallow its prey whole. It then proceeded to do that and Sarah began to wiggled she screamed and cried for it not to.

Timothy tackled the creature and it let go of Sarah and she ran back into the cabin as Timothy got back up the thing no longer wore the disguise of Sarah’s mother but instead was a bear and started to maul Timothy all the while keeping the widened grin on its face. We all watched as the creature drug Timothy’s body away and could hear the crunching and slurping of the creature as it was enjoying its meal. “Aren’t you wondering why I am doing this now” ask the creature as it was chewing up Timothy outside the window. “I have been oh so hungry for a while now, but I was trapped much like you are now in that house because of something” it trailed off after that we searched the house again and found nothing, but then I remembered Kevin had given it a name.

I shook Kevin and asked why he gave it that name. Kevin responded with an old story his grandfather told him about an old coal miner and a creature and how the coal miner tricked the creature with a promise to feed it if it stayed somewhere. Instead the old miner locked the creature in the place with some kind of ward. There was nothing in the cabin to make me think the story had anything to do with the thing currently stalking us. The next morning he felt hungry and thirsty as the creature looked through the window and heard us complain it offered us a deal. It said that if we sacrificed one of us to it would give us a chance to run for the day. Then as we were thinking about it he creature reached in and grabbed Ricky and Ginger and pulled them out the window.

It laughed in enjoyment as it munched down the two screaming kids we all stood in horror we thought it could not get in. “well I am one to keep my promise so you may leave but if any of you set foot in these woods again I will have a snack “. It smiled and disappeared and years passed without anyone going back into the woods they wrote the attacks off as bear attacks and caught the animal responsible. The first to go was Kevin as teenagers we forgot about the creature as a figment of our imagination our parents convinced us that it was a way of coping with the bear attack that it never really existed. Kevin was dared to go into the woods and a week later his bones and what else was left of him was found near the cabin and we all got back together, all eight of us at Kevin’s funeral. John and Richard convinced Michel to join in a hunt for the thing that did it over the summer and that summer all three went missing no bodies were found and the area was sealed off after a message read out on the cabin wall was “I told you all I am here and yet you forget”. Jimmy shortly began to see the smile everywhere he went after watching the woods after the three disappeared, he said it would not stop smiling and a week later he died in bed with a large circle carved out of his bodied where his chest should have been.

Sarah and Carrie were the next victims as they were strung up like dolls in their houses with large smiles that were ear to ear and their intestines dangling from them like they were jumping rope. I realized then only I and Josh were left so I met with him to discuss what he remembered about the creature. He then said he could do me one better and showed me a photo of the woods as I looked at it the trees were odd and distorted and in the center was a large smile with rows of teeth and black fluid leaking from them.

When I put the photo down I looked at Josh it was then I realized that the thing in front of me wasn’t Josh and as I began to recall anything to do with Josh my head began to hurt and as I wondered why it responded with the answer. It explained that prior to that day that Josh never existed and that it used it as a way of signaling a meal. He was supposed to leave with the rest of you but was stuck in that house because of the other thing out there, I thought back and the thing has never near Josh like it was afraid or something. Josh just smiled and said there are things better left unanswered.

Now as I write this I look out my window and notice the tree it is moving closer although I am not scared of it and its smile because I am more worried about the thing in the reflection of the mirror as it moves closer. As I look into the mirror at the thing that even the creature is afraid of I say. “Hi Josh” and it smiles and the teeth are not sharp like that of a shark instead they look like repeating snake fangs dripping green and the mirror shows its true face that of a rotting corpse and covered in worms and the tattered clothes of something long dead as he begins coming closer I notice the thing at the window smile.