Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement
Rockingchair0

I was starting to think I was insane. At least then I’d have a reasonable explanation for what’s been happening to me. It didn’t used to be this way. In fact, for a long period of time, things were so peaceful, it was almost annoying. I was always bored, but after what’s been happening lately, I don’t think I have the recklessness to make such a complaint.

Lately, when I close my eyes and attempt to sleep, I hear the mumbling of a woman. No matter how hard I listen, I can’t understand what she’s saying. She doesn’t sound angry or anything, it just sounds as if she’s having a conversation with someone, but I only hear her. The first couple of times I shot upright in bed and sat up, thinking a stranger was in the house. Don’t get me wrong, I live with other people and two of them are women, but I could tell it wasn’t either of them. My boyfriend instantly asked me what was wrong, because I’m usually out pretty fast when I go to bed. I just uttered quietly, “Did you hear that?”

Though it was dark, I knew he was giving me that weird look. You know, that weird look people give you when they think you’ve lost your marbles? He gives me that look a lot. “What the fuck are you talking about?”

“You mean you don’t hear her?”

“Hear who?” he sounded incredulous. He clearly didn’t believe me.

At that point, I just stared into the blackness of the room, still sitting up. I was a little disturbed. “I thought I heard a woman. She was talking, but… I couldn’t understand her.”

A faint mumble escaped him and I felt him shift in the bed, turning over to go back to sleep. “Go back to sleep, you were just dreaming.”

After that night, I phoned my mother. She said that there was schizophrenia on her side of the family, but not since my grandfather. I looked up symptoms and a lot of them fit, and I really began to think that was the reasoning behind that voice I heard.

A few weeks passed before a family friend dropped by. He asked us to watch his five-year-old son, and of course, we didn’t mind so much. After all, that kid was well-behaved. I fell asleep on the couch, as I was tired from playing with the little squirt all day. He hopped up on my lap and started making a fuss, clearly in an attempt to wake me up. Jolted awake, I stared back to the kid. His eyes were wide and he looked frightened.

“The lady won’t stop talking!”

I felt my own eyes bulge a little as I stared back to him; only catching a glimpse of a shadow perched in the old rocking chair we bought from a resale shop.

I never spoke to my boyfriend of this. He refuses to believe in ghosts or anything else that hasn’t been proven by science, but I know what I saw and heard, and I doubt that the little boy that I had to watch over has forgotten it.

To this day, as I start to drift away, I often still hear the gentle mumbling of a woman. I occasionally see shadows moving in peculiar ways, but for some reason, I don’t feel threatened. Only one thing disturbs me about hearing her speak, aside from my inability to understand her.

Who is she talking to?



Written by Shinigami.Eyes
Content is available under CC BY-SA

Advertisement