Creepypasta Wiki
(Undid revision 1367381 by Bruce Bringo (talk))
No edit summary
Tag: Visual edit
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
It was a Tuesday, I can't remember the date but it was a few
It's funny - When I look back on my life, only a few ''perfect'' moments stand out. Yet, pain and regret are a low hanging fruit, never far from reach. I wonder if it's always been that way.
 
  +
years ago now. I'd just got off work and I was stopping by the regular market.
  +
A quaint store just down the road from my place. I got all the necessities and
  +
was on my way to the counter when it caught my eye, a box of Fruit Loops.
  +
Glimmering under light from the white bulbs, at an absolute steal of a price.
  +
$2 dollars, for a 500g box, it was a miracle. A once in a lifetime deal,
  +
something humankind would ever see again. So I bought two boxes of God's cereal
  +
and headed for home.
   
  +
I placed the boxes on the bench, looking over the receipt. I
My family has inevitably been described as reclusive. It was just after the school year came to a close for summer that my wife, Katie, suggested we do something special. I could see the boredom of rural existence in the dark under her eyes. She went on to say that a vacation would be good for the kids, and that everyone's schedule was open now that the children weren't busy. I was about to bring up a project at work, but sensed Katie's tenseness, and ultimately agreed.
 
  +
still couldn't believe how cheap they were. This thought stayed with me as I
  +
packed away the rest of my groceries and had dinner. I couldn't take my eyes
  +
off the boxes, they called to me, like some unattainable goal I would never
  +
reach. My mouth watered at the thought of ingesting their sugary goodness. I
  +
had a shower and went to bed, dreaming of tomorrow morning when I would be able
  +
to eat the loops.
   
  +
A loud bump from downstairs woke me in the middle of the
It's the ''what ifs'' that never wander too far from thought. When the lights are off, and your bed feels like a slab of cold rock, and your mind wont leave you the fuck alone. Running over the same ground so many times. And all you keep hoping for is something good, something to wash it all away.
 
  +
night. A solid but meaty thump, like flesh against wood... Except I had tile. I
  +
grabbed my 20 gauge and crept into the hall, the dark played tricks on my eyes,
  +
the shadows all casting the same fluttering shapes along the walls. I made my
  +
way down the stairs, beads of sweat forming on the back of my neck as I
  +
approached the floor.
   
  +
I saw it standing there, a horribly deformed eldritch
If you've never seen Indonesia in the summer months, it's absolutely breath taking. And not to mention you could retire there for a few hundred bucks. Katie, I, and our two girls went to an amazing dinner the second night on vacation. The restaurant was pressed against the ocean on a stretch of endless beach. The place only sat a few dozen people, which made it feel even more personal. I remember this moment vividly - the oily shine of a fresh sunburn on my girl's brows and cheeks. The restaurant was more of a pavilion really, with wooden posts and a straw roof. I drank a few beers to calm my nerves, fretting over the chance of the roof catching with all the small fire places around. I could see the server headed our way, so I made a quick bee line for the bathroom to relieve some of those beverages.
 
  +
horror. It stood as tall as my ceiling, maybe taller as it hunched over my kitchen
  +
bench. It had no legs, a snake-like body clad in leathery white skin. His body
  +
forming into a neck and head, with a giant nose and clad in an aged bicycle
  +
helmet. A singular arm hoisted a box over its gaping mouth. My Fruit Loops and
  +
one box was already empty.
   
  +
I watched on in horror as it finished my second box of loops
Time is the best healer they say. I say that time haunts, and mocks, and remains. It's the only thing that lasts forever. It's the only thing to remind you of everything that's over, and behind you. And at times, all I want it to do is stop.
 
  +
and contorted it's horrific body to look at me. "Provide me with loops,
  +
brother." I gasped for air, it's oppressive gaze sapped the life from my
  +
legs, and the shotgun clattered to the ground. I couldn't move, I couldn't see,
  +
but I could think one thing alone. I had to acquire loops.
   
  +
And so I write this tale, to tell you about the Long-Nosed
I can tell you that sanitation is not one of Indonesia's most revered qualities. Honestly, there are very few bathrooms to even judge. The restaurant luckily had an outhouse located up the beach. I only took a few steps outside before realizing how dark it had become. Earlier that day a tour guide told me how bright the night stars would be - unfortunately clouds were blocking their rays. A hundred or so feet in front of me sat a small slouching hut on top of a rolling knoll. It wasn't until I open its door and the smell of five day old shit pierced my nose, that I decided to relieve myself against it, rather than in it. My hands were still re-buttoning my pants when I heard the noises.
 
  +
Nobody. And if you see the Long-Nosed Nobody, do not fear, just provide him
  +
with LOOPS.
   
Sharing in something always compounds the feeling. My children being born was all the better because I shared in it with my wife. And I believe the same is true of sharing sorrow. Alone, sorrow hurts, but when it's shared... That's when it becomes terribly real. That's when the music stops and the lights turn on and you realize the play is over.
 
 
My head snapped up because I felt and heard thunder. And a moment later I heard the screams. Blood curdling terror poured out from the beach, and the thunder continued. Only I felt it all in my feet, and I could see the beach blackening. And in that instant I knew that the music had stopped. I knew even before the wall of water came rushing toward me. Before the bodies began piling up at the base of the knoll, that I was now sprinting from. Before I climbed to higher ground, the water never far behind. Before they found my daughter's body, and forgot about her sister and mom.
 
 
{{By-reddituser|MeNeedTP}}
 
 
[[Category:Reality]]
 
[[Category:Reality]]

Revision as of 03:06, 3 October 2018

It was a Tuesday, I can't remember the date but it was a few years ago now. I'd just got off work and I was stopping by the regular market. A quaint store just down the road from my place. I got all the necessities and was on my way to the counter when it caught my eye, a box of Fruit Loops. Glimmering under light from the white bulbs, at an absolute steal of a price. $2 dollars, for a 500g box, it was a miracle. A once in a lifetime deal, something humankind would ever see again. So I bought two boxes of God's cereal and headed for home.

I placed the boxes on the bench, looking over the receipt. I still couldn't believe how cheap they were. This thought stayed with me as I packed away the rest of my groceries and had dinner. I couldn't take my eyes off the boxes, they called to me, like some unattainable goal I would never reach. My mouth watered at the thought of ingesting their sugary goodness. I had a shower and went to bed, dreaming of tomorrow morning when I would be able to eat the loops.

A loud bump from downstairs woke me in the middle of the night. A solid but meaty thump, like flesh against wood... Except I had tile. I grabbed my 20 gauge and crept into the hall, the dark played tricks on my eyes, the shadows all casting the same fluttering shapes along the walls. I made my way down the stairs, beads of sweat forming on the back of my neck as I approached the floor.

I saw it standing there, a horribly deformed eldritch horror. It stood as tall as my ceiling, maybe taller as it hunched over my kitchen bench. It had no legs, a snake-like body clad in leathery white skin. His body forming into a neck and head, with a giant nose and clad in an aged bicycle helmet. A singular arm hoisted a box over its gaping mouth. My Fruit Loops and one box was already empty.

I watched on in horror as it finished my second box of loops and contorted it's horrific body to look at me. "Provide me with loops, brother." I gasped for air, it's oppressive gaze sapped the life from my legs, and the shotgun clattered to the ground. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, but I could think one thing alone. I had to acquire loops.

And so I write this tale, to tell you about the Long-Nosed Nobody. And if you see the Long-Nosed Nobody, do not fear, just provide him with LOOPS.