Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement
20071230reflection1

Have you ever taken a moment to stop and think about your reflection in the mirror? What if reflections had a life of their own. What if it is their job to watch and mimic you? What if there was a whole new world beyond mirrors? What if your reflection could cross the bridge between the two worlds but are not allowed to? Well, wonder no more. I am here to tell you my own tale. I am not a human. I am the reflection that broke the rules.

It was a hot summer day in 2009. A normal summer day. Children outside hanging with their friends. People at the beach and pools swimming. Even the birds were chirping in the trees making nature's music.

My reflection was heading home from his afternoon work as a bagger at the local grocery store. A shady looking character in a suit with a stylish brown fedora carrying a metal suitcase approached my reflection as soon as he got out of the grocery store. The look on his face was full of anger.

"Yo, you got the cash", said the man.

"No. Not yet." replied my reflection.

"Listen, man. You get me the cash by sunset or else I use force." said the man.

"Okay. I will try to. Just don't hurt me." replied my reflection.

"NO THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! You WILL get it to me!" shouted the man.

"O-okay. I will see what I can do." replied my reflection.

"SEE?! No, not SEE! WILL! You WILL get it to me!" said the man angrily before stomping away from my reflection.

It was then at that moment that I knew this was going to not go so smoothly. I knew after that conversation who the man was. It was Joun, a worker at the local pawn shop. He and my reflection got into a money dispute a few days ago. He demanded $230, 000 from my reflection. I knew that there was no way my reflection could come up with that amount of money that fast as he just works on a mediocre salary. My reflection went on home. My reflection already knew he couldn't get the money and gave up trying to get it. Once at his house, my reflection approached a mirror. He is known to talk to me sometimes. If others saw him talk to himself in the mirror, they would think he was crazy. I know he is not crazy.

He said, "Looks like it is all going to end here, man. It was a good run. You have always been there for me."

I wish I could say something back but I couldn't. It was against the rules. If I broke them, I would seize to exist. My reflection has always came to me when he felt down. When he was in high school, bullies always picked on him for being short. They would beat him down and torture him in gym. He always came to me and talked to me after school. I had always wished that I could help him out but couldn't. There were mirrors all around the school so I had to be forced to watch him get bullied five days a week without being able to help.

Sunset came quicker than I had thought. My reflection just sat there awaiting the man to come. There was a knock at the door. My reflection opened it. It was Joun.

"Yo, got the money?" asked Joun.

"I do not" replied my reflection.

"Well, I told you what would happen" said Joun as he pulled out a gun.

"I know. You gonna shoot me?" Asked my reflection.

"No, Not yet. I've got this." said Joun as he pulled out an army knife.

Joun quickly stabbed my reflection several times. Blood spilled out of my reflection's body like it was an endless supply. And I couldn't do anything. I could just watch. My reflection couldn't take much more. He was soon to die. Joun just laughed like a psychopath. Then, Joun took a gun to my reflection's head. He laughed louder than before. The smile on his face was just sick. He placed his index finger on the trigger. 

"Hahaha. You should have paid up when you could." said Joun.

My reflection couldn't respond in his shape. His words came out as gurgles as blood spilled from his mouth. I had two chooses here. I could just watch and do nothing or I could help him but break the rules and seize to exist. I chose to break the rules. I used all of my force to leap out of the mirror. I did it. I went to the other side where my reflection was. I was behind Joun so he nor my reflection could spot me. I went upstairs to get my reflection's pistol. I got the pistol then placed it against Joun's head. Joun didn't laugh anymore. He was frightened. He had no clue who I was. I pulled the trigger. Joun fell onto the floor, blood oozing from his head. Before I went back to the mirror I had to say something to my reflection but disguise my voice.

"Don't give up yet. You are still young and have a lot to live for. We have always been together"

I then went back into the mirror and awaited my fate. This is where I end my journal.

Reflection's Point of View[]

I had been saved by someone I couldn't see. I guess I do have a lot more to live for than I had thought. With Joun dead I was safe again. There was something after that day that was weird though. Whenever I approached a mirror, my reflection wasn't there. It was really creepy at first but I had gotten used to it. I miss my reflection.

Advertisement