Creepypasta Wiki
No edit summary
Tag: Source edit
No edit summary
Tag: Source edit
Line 30: Line 30:
 
</div>
 
</div>
 
{{By-user|Palaeontologica}}
 
{{By-user|Palaeontologica}}
{{Nav|prev=Nature: Red in Tooth and Claw}}
+
{{Nav|prev=Nature, Red in Tooth and Claw}}
 
[[Category:Science]]
 
[[Category:Science]]
 
[[Category:Reality]]
 
[[Category:Reality]]

Revision as of 19:06, 3 June 2022

The following information is extremely sensitive, and is available solely to personnel who have been given a need-to-know, in accordance with CRONUS protocol #1836, authorized by any member of the committee. Text available to the committee alone has been redacted for confidentiality. Any information revealed in this document can not legally be revealed or divulged to anyone without permission of the committee. Do you wish to proceed?

>Yes

Archive of the Known Data on Temporal Aberrations

By mandate of Dr. Juan Pablo de la Cavallería, PhD., C.E.O. of CRONUS

In the past few years, the world has changed. The planet's ecosystems have been irreversibly altered by a set of unifying factors, and the changes have occurred fast enough that some are beginning to be recognized as global ecological shifts. These events are part of a series of unanticipated global changes that are, in turn, linked to a phenomenon that has only manifested within the past ███ years or so: temporal aberrations. The unnecessary and undiscussed leaking of significant CRONUS documents by ███████ ████████ in the past two months means that discussion regarding an official CRONUS statement for the general public to prevent civil unrest is well underway.

An introduction to temporal aberrations

In short, a temporal aberration is a tear in the space-time continuum, triggered by a severe disruption to the universe's energy-matter balance. It is believed that at least one temporal aberration exists at any given time, due to the ratio of energy to matter constantly fluctuating. A temporal aberration is believed to appear at regular intervals along a ███ ██ ███████ ██████ connected by a set of energy-matter currents that span the continuum, with the aberration itself existing at the nexus of the current's origin and termination. Aberrations can be identified from a distance because they appear in a form akin to concentrated heat haze, warping light to produce a strange gravitational lensing effect akin to a black hole. Temperatures of ███°C are known from certain temporal aberrations, which may lead to ██████, and ultimately death.

Temporal aberrations serve as ███████-█████ ██████, connecting two points in the space-time continuum. Interestingly, those connected to the past appear to generate a point of divergence, resulting in the creation of a parallel universe. Likewise, the timestream we inhabit cannot and will not be affected by any interactions with incursive fauna (detailed below). There are several more anomalous properties of temporal aberrations, which have not been explained. The most notable of these is the apparent emission of ███████ which draw nearby organisms closer, explaining the frequency of incursions; exactly how and why this occurs is due to ██████████████.

Temporal aberration identification

Knowing how to identify a temporal aberration is paramount in the present day. So, how do we do that? To know this, you need to understand that there are three types of temporal aberrations:

  • The short-term temporal aberrations may last between a minute and a day.
  • The mid-term temporal aberrations may last between a day and a week.
  • The long-term temporal aberrations may last between a day and a decade.

In addition to the length of their manifestations, which vary drastically, there are ways to identify individual temporal aberrations. The temperatures emitted by individual temporal aberrations vary, though short-term aberrations typically give off more heat than long-term ones. This is because they emit more energy, the very reason they last so little time in the first place. Short-term aberrations can make a cold day in Alaska feel like the Amazon rainforest. Direct physical contact with a short-term aberration about to close may result in ██████████████ or the amputation of whatever body part is touching it.

The dangers of temporal aberrations

The danger from temporal aberrations comes not from their mere presence, but from what emerges. At each end of a temporal aberration, there is a different time period. From one, the person who enters emerges. From the other, anything that has ever lived may emerge. Non-avian dinosaurs, such as ███████ and ██████████, have been known to emerge. On ██/██/████, a wholly unidentifiable organism, possessing a set of gaseous sacs and ███████, emerged and attacked an unknown number of CRONUS personnel. Indeed, the dangers inherent in temporal aberrations go far beyond dinosaurs. In the event that the reader encounters fauna that emerge from a temporal aberration, the following guidelines are to be taken into account:

  • In the event that a large carnivore (i.e. Afrovenator or ████████) emerges, personnel should remain calm and avoid drawing attention at all times. While not inherently aggressive towards humans, motion may trigger a predator's hunting instinct. Notify CRONUS operatives immediately. Most large carnivores cannot be outrun.
  • In the event that a large herbivore or omnivore (i.e. ████████████) emerges, notify CRONUS operatives immediately. Large herbivores are more likely to display aggression than carnivores, but are less likely to be able to outrun you. In any case, do not attempt to approach the animal, to make physical contact with the animal, or to attempt to take photographs or other visual records from less than fifty feet away. Notify CRONUS operatives immediately. This cannot be emphasized enough.
  • If you encounter a ██████████ ███████, remain still. Make no sudden movements. If possible, hold your breath for as long as possible. They hunt through ████████████. If you hear the unmistakable sound of low-pitched croaking in the vicinity, they are close. They hunt in packs. If you are bitten, ████████ will follow. You will be alive when you are eaten.

The threats posed by temporal aberrations and their accompanying fauna are difficult to anticipate. To remain safe, it is important to observe the rules outlined above and remember that most wildlife is afraid of humans and will usually obey their instincts. However, there are many exceptions, and the reader is advised to seek the help of local ███████, law enforcement, or the CRONUS facility closest to their current location.

Concluding remarks

As temporal aberrations cannot be predicted, and cannot be prevented, the most sensible approach to dealing with a temporal aberration is to be prepared. The information here presented has been gathered in the last ███ years, through research in a wide variety of topics. This data has been collected to make the world a safer place to live. The data presented in this document is provided free of charge, should you find it useful. Should an incident be announced by a trusted authority or other legitimate source, this document will be updated immediately.



Written by Palaeontologica
Content is available under CC BY-SA

< Previous        |        Next >