Creepypasta Wiki
No edit summary
(Adding categories)
Line 23: Line 23:
 
This is a real urban legen/story I grew up with when I lived in Devine. The projects still stand... I havent' been back there in 18 years. But I occacioally talk to old friends from there on facebook. I've asked if Mona is still seen around the old projects. They say she is.
 
This is a real urban legen/story I grew up with when I lived in Devine. The projects still stand... I havent' been back there in 18 years. But I occacioally talk to old friends from there on facebook. I've asked if Mona is still seen around the old projects. They say she is.
 
[[Category:Ghosts]]
 
[[Category:Ghosts]]
  +
[[Category:Ritual]]
  +
[[Category:Mental Illness]]
  +
[[Category:Places]]

Revision as of 14:18, 23 September 2014

All cities and towns have their local urban legends and ghost stories. Living in Devine, Texas for 5 years, I always heard about the Salt and Pepper lady of the Devine Projects. Friends would tell her story and the experiences they had heard of. Even some that their families had experienced. Parents wouldn't allow their children to hang out after dark in the projects, which was less due to the gangs and drug problem and more out of fear of the Salt and Pepper lady.

There were the usual problems as with every low income residential slum. Gangs, drugs, domestic violence, pedophiles. It wasn't the worst of all the projects but crime was still present. Local police were out there nearly every night making a raid, responding to dometic violence calls, even the occasional murder.

About 30 or so years ago, there lived an elderly resident of the Devine projects known as Romona (or Mona). She was a bitter, nasty, mentally unstable and disturbed lady. Most of all, she was lonely. Nobody could recall any family or friends ever stopping by to visit her.

She would yell at the children who played too close to her window or door and run them off sometimes saying things about their parents burning in hell and about being sinners. Mona was nutorious for walking outside nude when the mood struck her. Sometimes, she would approach the young men hanging out and proposition them. Usually they ran her off or scattered away from her, avoiding her altogether. She was also known to knock on random doors late at night asking to borrow some salt and pepper. This was probably the most disturbing quirk of all. She would knock and knock, sometimes for 10 minutes. Most people didn't answer the door. However when they did, she had this creepy smile on her face. Her teeth showing, long stringy grey hair, wrinkled skin, big blue eyes. To get rid of her, you had to give her some salt and pepper... then, she left you alone. It was very strange.

In time though, residents became used to Mona's antics, as disturbing as they were. She was just another oddity of the Devine Projects. However, in time people began to notice she wasn't screaming at kids, walking around nude or knocking on doors late at night. When rent was due, Mona had not paid on time as she normally did. One morning, the landlord went over to her apartment to collect. After no answer, he let himself in with his own key. Inside he found Mona nude in a bloody bath tub. She had slit her own wrists. However, the most unnerving sight was that she had also decided to pluck out her eyes. She had also deficated in the bath tub, likely as she approached death. A note was left on the bathroom counter.

"I am sick of this world and all of the filth, lies, deceipt and sinners in it. This place needs to be punished. All I ever wanted here was a friend. You were all just too good to talk to me. You should all burn for it. I'm leaving this world to join my Son Hank and Husband Jim in the afterlife. First, there are some things I need to tend to before hand. Your'e all scum and not fit to eat my shit. I'll be seeing you all soon.

                                                     - Ramona Osterburg"

When the coroner removed Mona, the populous of the Projects curiously gathered outside. The general mood that day was one of relief. "Ding dong, the witch is dead" was to be heard throughout the Projects over the next few days.

After about a week, the strange happenings began. People were reporting a woman knocking on their doors late at night asking for salt and pepper. Mona was also said to be spotted walking around nude in the complex in the wee hours. Some even said she was seen walking through apartments in all her nude glory, eye sockets empty where her big blue eyes once stared from. Bieng that the projects were mostly occupied by poor, superstitious Mexican families, a growing concern and fear caused a meeting. They had all agreed to bring in a Curandera (Mexican folk healer who also deals with the paranormal world) to come in and cleanse the housing projects... And to rid them of Mona once and for all.

After the blessing and ritual cleansing, the Curandera claimed that Mona was no longer a problem. She had passed onto the next life to join her loved ones. This didn't hold her at bay for long. Another few days had passed. Poeple were beginning to have horrible nightmares, everyone from children, adults, even gangbangers. She was seen more often walking around the complex and in peoples apartments. Often she would knock on their doors in the wee hours asking for salt and pepper. Usually nobody ansered the door. Occasionally, the brave ones ansered only to find nobody there. When the residents tried to contact the Curandera, she couldn't be found. All hope was lost and many began to pack up and move out. A few stayed.

As new tennants moved in, the frequency of Mona sightings began to dissapate. However, she can still be spotted walking around nude and groteaque about the projects after midnight. She still knocks on doors once in awhile asking for salt and pepper. And she can still be seen albeit rarley, inside apartments walking around.. with empty eye sockets. She still appears in the nightmares of firhtened children and anyone who lives the wrong kind of life... a life Mona would disaprove of. She is meant now as a warning. Go down the wrong path, and The Salt and Pepper lady will come to get you. Needless to say, Crime is way down in the Devine Projects. The police joke around saying Mona is an honorary Devine Police officer bieng she keeps the criminal element there in check.

This is a real urban legen/story I grew up with when I lived in Devine. The projects still stand... I havent' been back there in 18 years. But I occacioally talk to old friends from there on facebook. I've asked if Mona is still seen around the old projects. They say she is.