Creepypasta Wiki
Register
No edit summary
Tag: Source edit
No edit summary
Tag: Source edit
 
Line 22: Line 22:
   
 
More to that point... What's that thing in the corner?
 
More to that point... What's that thing in the corner?
  +
{{Sort|Things You're DOne, The}}
 
[[Category:Dreams/Sleep]]
 
[[Category:Dreams/Sleep]]
[[Category:Weird]]
 
 
[[Category:Video Games]]
 
[[Category:Video Games]]

Latest revision as of 13:43, 16 January 2022

To start you all off, I wish I could say this dream hadn't come to me. It's hard to understand but... please recognize my genuinity when I say that even I hate what I saw.

I am going to try to visualize this to you readers as best I can, but I can't make any promises, because this thing has had me hysterical for days. I can't even get an ounce of sleep anymore due to this height of this dream.

The dream presented itself in visual novel format, in that every action and dialogue piece was written out in a little textbox at the bottom of the sight path (I say sight path and not screen because there was no screen here; everything I saw was solely within my line of sight), and everything looked animated, which felt out of place since all the background visuals looked to be on the hyperrealistic side.

I played the role of this guy named Pierre. He and a pal were going out to a bar together as a little reunion outing since they hadn't seen each other in years, at least according to the textbox displaying.

The conversation between Pierre and his friend (which happened to remain unnamed the whole time, nobody ever did that trademark visual novel thing where they call out the name in like an actionbox or even in the dialogue, he just remained nameless) went as one would expect it to. It was awkward, but nothing was off.

Eventually came closing time. There was a mechanic in the game where at the last call you'd have to hurry and interact with the door in order to leave. But when I went to do it, Pierre didn't move. He just stood there, his same talksprite lingering and the dialogue box paired with it. It was blank. His gaze was unending. The music had also stopped halfway through, and after a while, both the sprite and the textbox vanished out of the blue.

At this point, I couldn't bring myself to wake up. The dream felt lucid, as if I were genuinely living this sequence like a player of a video game.

Just then, Pierre's sprite returned, but this time it was malformed, as if he were now some kind of decaying corpse. The place where his facial features should have been was now entirely hollowed out, the only thing remaining being a bloodshot, slightly eaten away eye staring forward, where I most likely would have been.

He stared right at me. I could feel myself curling up at not only the sight, but the sound... I could hear nothing but slow, heavy breathing.

"Wake up, Sam. It's about time you lose everything too."

And right then and there I did wake up. Everything felt offkilter at that point, and I wiped some sweat away from my forehead. What the hell was that?

More to that point... What's that thing in the corner?