FANDOM


  • Seeing as the community itself now has no say in the matter of whether or not a mod/admin should be demoted due to a defunct and unofficial rule so graciously quoted in this thread by Callie I think this needs to be changed.

    First off the "rule" currently in place isn't actually in any of the site policy pages thus voiding it's validity when used. Second it essentially says that users have no right to bring up when an admin or mod is being abusive, instead we have to patiently wait for one of the bureaucrats who are inactive in chat to get on and listen to a bunch of users complain about things they don't know about. The fact that this was even proposed let alone actually enforced is preposterous.

    I have come up with a few guidelines regarding demotion threads in order to help us all express discontent with users who possess user rights in the event that action needs to be taken.

    1. The thread must state arguments that are both truthful and backed with citable evidence.
    2. The thread doesn't show extreme bias against the user.
    3. The thread points out logical and well thought out reasons for the demotion of the user.

    Additionally:

    1. The thread remains open for 10 complete days before closing.
    2. The outcome is based on a 3/4 majority.
    3. All votes must have a valid reason for supporting.
    4. Replies aren't removed from the thread unless they are completely off topic.
    Support Support -
    {{Support}}
    Neutral Neutral -
    {{Neutral}}
    Oppose Oppose -
    {{Oppose}}
      Loading editor
    • Support Support - THE PEOPLE DESERVE TO SPEAK TOO MAN. 

      IXNAY ON THE HOMBRE

      ONE WIKI UNDER ALL

      ONE WIKI UNDER GOD... Or buddah.. or Kolob... or that scientlogist alien.. or no god if youre going to be like that...

        Loading editor
    • Support Support -Considering the last couple demotion threads (including mine) were a fiasco.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support -

      I agree, people with power!!!!

        Loading editor
    •  Support - Definite support on this one, I believe the community has a say.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - We need a rule that allows users more say in their staff, even more so if some of the admins/mods are abusive. (the whole "no dead baby jokes" despite it not being a rule is a nice example. Even more so when all the other mods, myself included, didn't see it as going over board)

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - Demotion threads are nightmares. Hopefully this'll help fix them up.

        Loading editor
    • Oppose Oppose - This has only been detramental -- if anything just fuel for drama. Another thing that I remember was that last time I checked, normal users couldn't make proposals. I remember this distincltly from a thread you made. It is up to an admin to make the proposal for themselves. I know that the community may not seem to involve users, but I know LOLSKELTONS is almost always on every day, and if need be he can come when contacted on his talk page. He is the best course of action, but I am not saying he should be the only person in charge of this. It should be the admins who delegate down for all 3 burocrats. Again, this thread sholdn't be open, but other than that, it should be the responsibilities of those who leader the site.

        Loading editor
    • Pramirez351 wrote: Oppose Oppose - This has only been detramental -- if anything just fuel for drama. Another thing that I remember was that last time I checked, normal users couldn't make proposals. I remember this distincltly from a thread you made. It is up to an admin to make the proposal for themselves. I know that the community may not seem to involve users, but I know LOLSKELTONS is almost always on every day, and if need be he can come when contacted on his talk page. He is the best course of action, but I am not saying he should be the only person in charge of this. It should be the admins who delegate down for all 3 burocrats. Again, this thread sholdn't be open, but other than that, it should be the responsibilities of those who leader the site.

      I made that for chat rules only, this is a site matter.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support -

      The community should get a vote on what should happen to their Administrators and/or Moderators

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I have changed my mind, as long as drama and arguing can also be moderated.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I thought this was supposed to be a community to begin with

        Loading editor
    • Neutral Neutral - As Callie said, we need to prevent drama. Drama almost made Fatal leave Wikia for good. See how that turned out? However, this could also be helpful to the community.

        Loading editor
    • So taking away the communities ability to voice their opinions in a sad attempt to prevent "drama" is okay? Because that's exactly what you just said in a nutshell. I used to think that way but not any more.

        Loading editor
    • I have a better idea.

        Loading editor
    • Lil' Miss Rarity wrote:
      So taking away the communities ability to voice their opinions in a sad attempt to prevent "drama" is okay? Because that's exactly what you just said in a nutshell. I used to think that way but not any more.

      I didn't vote neutral to start an argument. As I said, if you can make it work, make it work. if you can get these people to judge fairly and work together as a community, do it.

        Loading editor
    • PrinceCreeper wrote: I have a better idea.

      And that would be?

        Loading editor
    • NVM.

        Loading editor
    • Neutral Neutral - - If this rule applies to chat based demotion only, I'll support it in an instant. The demotion treads are a complete mess. I agree that the community should have a say on whether or not a mod should be demoded as they are the ones who usually have the greatest amount of contact with the mods. But I also think the current way of voting is way too biased and people tend to vote for a mod just because they're friends. Votes should only count if there is a valid reasoning behind their vote.

      On the other side I believe that the removal of admin/ VCROC rights should not be left up to the users. Just as you say that bureaucrats tend to be inactive in chats and is therefore unable to judge properly on the actions of a mod, most of the users on the wiki come for the chat only and have no idea what the admin/ VCROC have done on the main site.

        Loading editor
    • Lemmy118 wrote:
      Neutral Neutral - - If this rule applies to chat based demotion only, I'll support it in an instant. The demotion treads are a complete mess. I agree that the community should have a say on whether or not a mod should be demoded as they are the ones who usually have the greatest amount of contact with the mods. But I also think the current way of voting is way too biased and people tend to vote for a mod just because they're friends. Votes should only count if there is a valid reasoning behind their vote.

      On the other side I believe that the removal of admin/ VCROC rights should not be left up to the users. Just as you say that bureaucrats tend to be inactive in chats and is therefore unable to judge properly on the actions of a mod, most of the users on the wiki come for the chat only and have no idea what the admin/ VCROC have done on the main site.

      This brings a valid point. I should also point out that an admin should not be demoted for chat reasons. Admins work on main site as well, and what happens in chat should not extend into the main site.

        Loading editor
    • Princess Callie wrote:
      Lemmy118 wrote:
      Neutral Neutral - - If this rule applies to chat based demotion only, I'll support it in an instant. The demotion treads are a complete mess. I agree that the community should have a say on whether or not a mod should be demoded as they are the ones who usually have the greatest amount of contact with the mods. But I also think the current way of voting is way too biased and people tend to vote for a mod just because they're friends. Votes should only count if there is a valid reasoning behind their vote.

      On the other side I believe that the removal of admin/ VCROC rights should not be left up to the users. Just as you say that bureaucrats tend to be inactive in chats and is therefore unable to judge properly on the actions of a mod, most of the users on the wiki come for the chat only and have no idea what the admin/ VCROC have done on the main site.

      This brings a valid point. I should also point out that an admin should not be demoted for chat reasons. Admins work on main site as well, and what happens in chat should not extend into the main site.

      If the community wants to demote an admin for chat reasons than rather then demoting them, said admin should just be banned from chat. That way whatever they are doing in chat that makes people want them demoted should stop.

        Loading editor
    • ChaoZStrider wrote:
      Princess Callie wrote:
      Lemmy118 wrote:
      Neutral Neutral - - If this rule applies to chat based demotion only, I'll support it in an instant. The demotion treads are a complete mess. I agree that the community should have a say on whether or not a mod should be demoded as they are the ones who usually have the greatest amount of contact with the mods. But I also think the current way of voting is way too biased and people tend to vote for a mod just because they're friends. Votes should only count if there is a valid reasoning behind their vote.

      On the other side I believe that the removal of admin/ VCROC rights should not be left up to the users. Just as you say that bureaucrats tend to be inactive in chats and is therefore unable to judge properly on the actions of a mod, most of the users on the wiki come for the chat only and have no idea what the admin/ VCROC have done on the main site.

      This brings a valid point. I should also point out that an admin should not be demoted for chat reasons. Admins work on main site as well, and what happens in chat should not extend into the main site.
      If the community wants to demote an admin for chat reasons than rather then demoting them, said admin should just be banned from chat. That way whatever they are doing in chat that makes people want them demoted should stop.

      Exactly my point.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - Let the people be heard!

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - sounds good

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.