FANDOM


  • Helel ben Shahaar
    Helel ben Shahaar closed this thread because:
    Collab was closed and taken down.
    11:54, February 21, 2018

    Hi, Callie here!

    As you all know, in late 2014 we proposed the Creepypasta Collaborative writing project, which became Meet the Cast. There have been two others since that time, and they've worked out just as good if not better.

    Now, Halloween is rolling around in a couple months, and as I proposed the first one I'm now proposing the fourth.

    How about it? (Hell, if it were me, I'd say make this an annual thing. It basically kinda is.)

    (Also, feel free to throw out your ideas so that a good premise can be worked out. I've got one myself and I'll be adding any that get thrown up into the list as I have time. If it goes through, we'll take a poll for ideas and see what we can come up with.)

    Idea List:

    1. A dystopian, 1984-style tyrannical government uses a mysterious entity known as 'The Policeman' to scare and intimidate its populace into submission. (Myself)

    2. A cast of characters attempt to survive a apocalyptic scenario. (Empy)

    3. A battle-royal or Hunger-Games (I think) esque scenario between characters trapped in a mansion. (Empy)

    4. A crew making a documentary in a jungle. (Dupin)

    5. A group of scientists, miners, and others get trapped in a mine, and split up to find other exits. (Dupin)

    6. A group of war veterans exchange strange war stories. (Diexilius)

    7. Individual members of a strange, elusive sect which harbors phenomena borderline supernatural and the experiences they have within/leaving the group and how they all eventually end up back at it. (Diexilius)

    8. A psychic detective visits a house as part of a case. In the house they find a shrine with seemingly random objects on it. Each object they touch brings vivid visions of the object's history. (ChristianWallis)

    9. A linchpin-style concept where the characters can be of any different timeline or world as long as it somehow connects to the plot. (Banning please add detail)

    10. A jack-ass genie grants wishes in the most violent, literal, or worst way possible for fun. (Myself)

    Due date: August 29, 2017

    Support Support -
    {{Support}}
    Neutral Neutral -
    {{Neutral}}
    Oppose Oppose -
    {{Oppose}}
      Loading editor
    • Support Support - Although I'd like to see some more ideas so we can have an involving project with participation..

        Loading editor
    • EmpyrealInvective wrote:
      Support Support - Although I'd like to see some more ideas so we can have an involving project with participation..

      You got any ideas, Empy?

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - -Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd actually consider taking part in this one, as I haven't really taken on any projects in a while. I think this will bring some good exposure and get people involved again.

        Loading editor
    • Misoka the Witch wrote:

      EmpyrealInvective wrote:
      Support Support - Although I'd like to see some more ideas so we can have an involving project with participation..

      You got any ideas, Empy?

      Hmm, we did a cursed item one, a research facility, and odd circumstances involving a town. I think we should keep going for new concepts. Maybe we could try one based around an apocalyptic event with a cast of characters trying to survive, or maybe a Battle Royale-esque situation with a variety of people trapped in a mansion. To be honest, I think right now just having a basic premise and building on it would work for the meantime while this is still in its infancy.

        Loading editor
    • EmpyrealInvective wrote:

      Misoka the Witch wrote:

      EmpyrealInvective wrote:
      Support Support - Although I'd like to see some more ideas so we can have an involving project with participation..
      You got any ideas, Empy?

      Hmm, we did a cursed item one, a research facility, and odd circumstances involving a town. I think we should keep going for new concepts. Maybe we could try one based around an apocalyptic event with a cast of characters trying to survive, or maybe a Battle Royale-esque situation with a variety of people trapped in a mansion. To be honest, I think right now just having a basic premise and building on it would work for the meantime while this is still in its infancy.

      I just added those two to the list, but if you'd like I can also elaborate on what I was thinking with the concept I proposed. Better detail might help more with the idea.

      I figured the poll would help the community around things be a bit more enthusiastic, since getting to pick the premise would probably encourage people to pitch in a little more.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I like all three of the ideas!

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - - My main concern is that very few people want to get involved and it puts a bit of pressure on people who are committed to participating. I wouldn't oppose this, but I have my doubts. I guess though it cannot hurt, so supporting this (even though I won't join in).

      I think the new concept should revolve around what Emp suggested, with people "locked" in a precarious situation. With locked I mean literally locked in, lost in the wilderness, or in general somewhere with no escape.

      Maybe an excavation/exploration mission of sorts? A team of "adventurers"/researchers trying to find something, end up being hunted/haunted/whatever.

      An idea is a group of miners, scientists and businessmen get trapped in a mine and they have to find the other exits. They split up and we pick up from there.

      Another idea is following a crew making a documentary in the jungle/some place.

      I am open to other directions, but I would like to see authors trying to uncover what is happening both via their characters and via their writing.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - Why the bloody hell not?

      Maybe have a series of real/fictional strange war stories, though I'm not sure how to connect those. Or individual members of a strange, elusive sect which harbors phenomena borderline supernatural and the experiences they have within/leaving the group and how they all eventually end up back at it.

        Loading editor
    • Well, we should definitely do something for Halloween, whether it be this or a contest. I feel like contests had been over saturated for a while there but now they almost never happen...last one was, I think, the Christmas competition.

        Loading editor
    • Shadowswimmer77 wrote: Well, we should definitely do something for Halloween, whether it be this or a contest. I feel like contests had been over saturated for a while there but now they almost never happen...last one was, I think, the Christmas competition.

      There's actually another one coming up on Halloween too involving werewolves.

        Loading editor
    • Shadowswimmer77 wrote: Well, we should definitely do something for Halloween, whether it be this or a contest. I feel like contests had been over saturated for a while there but now they almost never happen...last one was, I think, the Christmas competition.

      (Notices people already forgot about Dark Humour)

      I have something similar to emotions too, people!

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - Oh fuck the bloody hell yes!

      You can see how excited I am about this because I'm actually swearing for once.

      I'm in particular partial about the second option.

      Ohohohohoh, I so want to join in.


      Now that my adrenaline and enthusiasm is gone, let's approach this from another, more collected POV: while I certainly could and will join in (if permitted, of course) I think I could only function properly in 2nd and 3rd scenario. Would be even better if my character was Slavic (for obvious reasons) but that remains to be decided by the Big Chiefs.

      Anyway, I'm all for it, and the only way to stop me is to pay me 30000€ in cash, because then I can focus on my own project.

        Loading editor
    • I'd say number 1 is my favorite, but we're already going through this with YouTube and Google. I would think that topic would be more of a "voting booth year" and Halloween would be more about ghosts, demons, goblins, and serial killers though.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I'm super excited for this one. I'm relatively new to this wiki, and I'd love to be part of something like this and make a name for myself.

      All three sound like good ideas to me; although it'd be hard to avoid cliches.

      Personally, I'd opt for the Hunger Games scenario.

        Loading editor
    • MrDupin wrote:
      Support Support - - My main concern is that very few people want to get involved and it puts a bit of pressure on people who are committed to participating. I wouldn't oppose this, but I have my doubts. I guess though it cannot hurt, so supporting this (even though I won't join in).

      I think the new concept should revolve around what Emp suggested, with people "locked" in a precarious situation. With locked I mean literally locked in, lost in the wilderness, or in general somewhere with no escape.

      Maybe an excavation/exploration mission of sorts? A team of "adventurers"/researchers trying to find something, end up being hunted/haunted/whatever.

      An idea is a group of miners, scientists and businessmen get trapped in a mine and they have to find the other exits. They split up and we pick up from there.

      Another idea is following a crew making a documentary in the jungle/some place.

      I am open to other directions, but I would like to see authors trying to uncover what is happening both via their characters and via their writing.

      Ooooooo, the mine one sounds like fun. For me, mines are the scariest places on Earth. I see a lot of potential there.

        Loading editor
    • Alright, everything's been added. (That I can see.) Let me know if I mis-worded any ideas.

        Loading editor
    • Was about to say how people usually call me, but then I noticed the username and decided that I just can't be on more FBI watchlists.

        Loading editor
    • Diexilius wrote:
      Was about to say how people usually call me, but then I noticed the username and decided that I just can't be on more FBI watchlists.

      Fucking LOL

      We're all on an FBI watchlist.

        Loading editor
    • Magical Toddler wrote: blah blah blah...We're all on an FBI watchlist.

      Yeah, but after enough of them they'll put you on wanted internationally, and I won't be allowed to travel from one country to another. And nobody makes me choose between Asian and Aryan victims.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I can assure you that I'm not a real toddler. :P

      So you have nothing to worry about.

        Loading editor
    • I know, you bi-witch, I remember everything. It's one of the many benefits of being an obsessive stalker. But I can't go after parents of children that haven't reached masturbation age. I am a man of weird and arbitrary honor.

        Loading editor
    • Diexilius wrote:
      I know, you bi-witch, I remember everything. It's one of the many benefits of being an obsessive stalker. But I can't go after parents of children that haven't reached masturbation age. I am a man of weird and arbitrary honor.
      Giphy12

        Loading editor
    • That's very offensive to me, miss. See, I am a Wechuge.

        Loading editor
    • So I have to throw you on a campfire and leave you there overnight until you melt?

      ... is what I would ask, except we need to get back on topic. :P

        Loading editor
    • Hahaha, as if the threads I'm in ever stay on topic. But alright, I'll humor you.

      And if I was petty enough to want to have the last word, I'd say I can eat you out. Or ingest you.

        Loading editor
    • Bitch, don't threaten a lady, lest I burn your very soul out.

        Loading editor
    • 4 things: First, bitch, if I had a soul I sold it long ago for the ability to defy entropy. Second, unless you'd extend the same courtesy to my victims that own penises, that's fucking sexist, son, so shut yer choppers. Third, it could be either a threat or a co-beneficial offer. And fourth, didn't ya hear her, bitch? Stay on the motherfucking topic.

        Loading editor
    • And you just broke your own advice of staying on a topic.

      And you started a sentence with a numeral.

      Castiel
        Loading editor
    • So you admit I'm right with everything I said? Great. Now, if instead of going writing national socialism you'd have listened, you would have noticed that it's not mine and it ain't advice, it's a motherfucking order. 'Spect it or I'll turn you to zero absolute, transforming the hydrogen in your body in a superfluid in the process and at the end causing a dispersion of your entire being trough space.

      And since at least one of us shows he's capable of respecting orders, I'm quite looking forward to this project, though I may be likely to leave good writers do it instead of me.

        Loading editor
    • *sips beer from teacup while watching this little Walachian vampire wannabe trying to hit something obviously beyond his reach*

        Loading editor
    • Dude, either learn to roast well or don't at all. You're at -250 C, very low but still survivable for water bears. And what did I say about staying on topic?

      Yes, I'd suggest changing the slave's name in the collab with something much more racist.

      DHN00dKWsAArAiM
        Loading editor
    • Support Support -

      I really like this idea, and would lean towards an exploration style piece (maybe set in a mine or previously unexplored temple if that's not too cliche), as I feel it could incorporate a few ideas here. The exploration style pastas are a personal favourite of mine, and depending on what they find, a "Hunger Games" style struggle between characters could still eventuate. 

      Happy to lend a hand but understand if you're seeking more experienced writers.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support -

      Yeah, I really can't think of a downside to doing another; the last was a good read. It's been a while since something interesting's gone on around here anyways.

        Loading editor
    • That was interesting 

      OK , thanks Magical Toddler

      -Interruption

        Loading editor
    • Neutral Neutral -

      I think the ideas need some improvement, but it seems like a good idea. I won't be taking apart in it though, so seeing how it's mostly postive's here, I wish you the best of luck. 

        Loading editor
    • One idea that I think might be fun is the "linchpin" concept. Every participating author essentially can create their own character in any part of the world they like. Every entry must somehow tie into whatever the linchpin itself is that is connecting the entire plot. This would even allow characters to exist in different timelines, so long as the actions of a character in the past has some plot-driving effect on the characters in the present.

      Let me know what you guys think of this please!

        Loading editor
    • I really like that idea; sounds challenging and fun to write.

        Loading editor
    • @Sigmet

      Thanks! I like it too because it would allow the authors to essentially own their personal little piece of the story, so long as they worked whatever the "linchpin" that is connecting them all into the plot. 

        Loading editor
    • i might join in this time if the premise is interesting enough. I like the war veterans one: I can picture several soldiers sitting around the fire at base camp, each author contributing one of the characters' creepy anecdotes. I think I vote for that one.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - - I like either Dix's war story idea, or your policeman idea. I'll put my own idea forward too.

      A psychic detective visits a house as part of a case. In the house they find a shrine with seemingly random objects on it. Each object they touch brings vivid visions of the object's history. It could be a shoe that prompts visions of the owner's murder at the hands of a serial killer. Or a strange silver bullet that tells a story of a lone priest's last stand against werewolves. Or a zipper that was once attached to the tent of some campers who got gobbled up by a lake monster etc.

        Loading editor
    • I've added the ideas from Banning and Christian, and supplied a second idea myself.

      Pretty much, exactly what it says on the tin. A genie that, for the sheer fucks of it, grants its 'master's' wishes in the worst possible way. You want to become muscular? Don't say 'I wish I was ripped.' Though, even exact wording really doesn't help. He does follow a list of rules, though (no extra wishes, he can't grant wishes that affect him, etc.). Think of the Wishmaster.

        Loading editor
    • TheTester1766 wrote:
      That was interesting 

      OK , thanks Magical Toddler

      -Interruption

      Just call me Tot.

      Also, thanks for what?

        Loading editor
    • Magical Toddler wrote:blah blah blah...

      Also, thanks for what?

      If it's the kind of thing I'd thank you for, you wouldn't wanna say 'you're welcome'.

        Loading editor
    • ChristianWallis wrote: A psychic detective visits a house as part of a case. In the house they find a shrine with seemingly random objects on it. Each object they touch brings vivid visions of the object's history. It could be a shoe that prompts visions of the owner's murder at the hands of a serial killer. Or a strange silver bullet that tells a story of a lone priest's last stand against werewolves. Or a zipper that was once attached to the tent of some campers who got gobbled up by a lake monster etc.

      Both this and the soldier one make me think of those old UK anthology films like Tales from the Crypt and The House That Dripped Blood.

        Loading editor
    • I also like the war stories idea. There is a dilemma there though:

      Should the war stories have common things or should they be completely separate stories? I think having a common theme would be better, but it would have to be pretty general.

        Loading editor
    • MrDupin wrote: I also like the war stories idea. There is a dilemma there though:

      Should the war stories have common things or should they be completely separate stories? I think having a common theme would be better, but it would have to be pretty general.

      Hmm. Maybe how extreme conditions make people lose their humanity in some way?

        Loading editor
    • EmpyrealInvective wrote:

      There's actually another one coming up on Halloween too involving werewolves.

      Oh that's fantastic! I was actually thinking about writing a werewolf story. Even better, I won't have to compete with HumboldtLycanthrope as he is hosting...

        Loading editor
    • For the soldier idea, could do a play on the classic DC comic book "Weird War Tales" and call it "Creepy Combat Pastas"

        Loading editor
    • Diexilius wrote:

      Hmm. Maybe how extreme conditions make people lose their humanity in some way?

      Well, writing just war stories will in the end produce an anthology with stories that start to all blend together (if there are enough of them). I was thinking more about adding a subtle touch of the paranormal. On top of the detriments of war, we can add something unique. Like, say, soldiers are going mad and start eating human flesh/drinking blood/forming little clique cults/etc.

        Loading editor
    • I meant 'losing humanity' in a very volatile way. Can even be taken literally.

      Don't steal my thoughts, miss! I already know the perfect expedition with flesh eating.

        Loading editor
    • MrDupin wrote:
      I also like the war stories idea. There is a dilemma there though:

      Should the war stories have common things or should they be completely separate stories? I think having a common theme would be better, but it would have to be pretty general.

      Here's my pitch:

      A group of soldiers come together to discuss their experiences at a support group (or a bar if you prefer). They're of all ages and the chronological/geographical setting is vague enough that you could, reasonably, have soldiers from all major wars of the 20th Century in one room. You might even have it so that some soldiers pass on tales from their grandfathers during the course of the story (so if you want to have a tale set in the American Civil War then it's possible).

      Together, these soldiers sit down and realise they share a common experience; they all believe they have seen the face of evil but they all disagree over what it is exactly. So each soldier sits down and gives an account of the war-time experience that led them face-to-face with evil and explain how it informs their understanding of what 'evil' really is. Is it an external force that corrupts? Is it a reflection of our internal darkness? Is it the absence of light in our actions? Or is it something that exists outside of human experience, just waiting to sneak back into this wonderful world of ours?

      I think this is flexible enough to allow writers to do anything they want content-wise, while still keeping us focused on a core theme (i.e. the nature of evil) and setting (war/war-time environments). I think a good historical spread would be also be beneficial to the anthology.

        Loading editor
    • I like Christian's idea.

      Also, goddamn, so many ideas this year. Hopefully this one won't take 6 months to finish.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I no longer write fiction as much as I used to few years ago, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how this project turns out. Count me in.

        Loading editor
    • Good things take a long time to come together. Just look at Duke Nukem Forever. It's an undisputed classic.

        Loading editor
    • I like Christian's idea too. It keeps two themes in mind, but allows for a lot of flexibility.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I support the war anthology idea, and even if I won't be able to participate, I look forward to the final result. I can see lots of good authors participating. Good luck‼‼‼‼

      (∩≡⌒з⌒≡)∩♪*☆○※◎★◎※○☆*∩(≡⌒ε⌒≡∩)

        Loading editor
    • AmyEevee wrote:
      Support Support - I support the war anthology idea, and even if I won't be able to participate, I look forward to the final result. I can see lots of good authors participating. Good luck‼‼‼‼

      (∩≡⌒з⌒≡)∩♪*☆○※◎★◎※○☆*∩(≡⌒ε⌒≡∩)

      War anthology?

      Time for my Slavness to shine!

        Loading editor
    • As a guy that deployed to Iraq twice, I'm really digging the war stories idea myself. Plus I can help anyone who needs accurate military lingo or other nuances of military life that are often incorrent in stories and movies.

        Loading editor
    • I'd say we've got enough ideas, so I won't be adding any more to the list for the time being.

      I'm going to give this thread a couple more days of discussion and what not before the poll goes up.

        Loading editor
    • Sweet! I could make a few hundred and 2 dozen references to pedophilia/all other known and unknown sick sexual crimes, but maybe act slightly normal for a second.

      Banning, have you visited out good ol' Vampire country while in the Army?

        Loading editor
    • Still on Christian's elaboration of the soldier premise, I also like the bar idea over the support group one. A casual setting would allow the characters to relax and come forward, and if they share some gnarly shit they could keep it amongst themselves without a third party getting involved.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I really like the jungle idea!

        Loading editor
    • Banningk1979 wrote:
      One idea that I think might be fun is the "linchpin" concept. Every participating author essentially can create their own character in any part of the world they like. Every entry must somehow tie into whatever the linchpin itself is that is connecting the entire plot. This would even allow characters to exist in different timelines, so long as the actions of a character in the past has some plot-driving effect on the characters in the present.

      Let me know what you guys think of this please!

      It would be interesting, but Meet the Cast was already that sort, and I think something new would be better.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I think it's a great idea, keep the wiki active

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - The soldier one is a pretty great idea. 

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - Fuck I've been offline for too long...

      Ugh. Oh well, I would like to see this done, especially scenario 8 (though 1 and 2 aren't bad either).

      To be honest, I feel like we've done number 9 twice (Meet the cast, Hallowroots) though it is the easier style of collab.

      I'd also love to see this done more on-time than last time...

        Loading editor
    • I already started writing my soldier story, so if that theme doesn't get picked, I'll still have something new to post I guess.

      IF it does get picked, i think the original description is best: that they all try to top each other's strange war tales, not necessarily something as specific as describing the ultimate evil. That way just about anything could be possible as long as it falls under "spooky" or "weird", supernatural or otherwise.

        Loading editor
    • Mikemacdee wrote:
      I already started writing my soldier story, so if that theme doesn't get picked, I'll still have something new to post I guess.

      We'll know when the poll is made~ It's good that you'll continue with it regardless, though.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, I started it, may as well finish it. And it's a weird combination of a couple of stories I like, so we'll see how it turns out.

        Loading editor
    • Support Support - I'd want to see #3, #8, and #10. Making this an annual event would be nice, too. I'd wanna see some other, less featured writers as well to have a chance to help so that they obtain the chance to be in the spotlight as well.

        Loading editor
    • PixCity wrote: Support Support - I'd want to see #3, #8, and #10. Making this an annual event would be nice, too. I'd wanna see some other, less featured writers as well to have a chance to help so that they obtain the chance to be in the spotlight as well.

      This is kind of an annual event.

      We had one in 2014, one in 2015, and one in 2016. This should be the 2017 one, hopefully.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.