FANDOM


  • Helel ben Shahaar
    Helel ben Shahaar closed this thread because:
    obsolete
    05:32, January 31, 2019

    So the Trollpasta wiki has been shut down for "Trolling" and harassment towards people who made bad creepypastas... since there's nowhere else to post trollpastas, should we start allowing them again? Maybe just the really good trollpastas, not poorly-written or cliche ones... what do you guys think?

      Loading editor
    • No.

      The new Trollpasta wiki is being developed as we speak. Once it is complete, there will be a spot for Trollpastas there. This wiki currently only preserves the iconic Trollpastas, but we do not, and probably will never accept new ones.

        Loading editor
    • It's being rebuilt. But I think video game pastas should be allowed I got mine deleted just becasue it was a video games pasta wasn't even bassed off a real game.

        Loading editor
    • No. Even if we wanted to have a place to post trollpastas other than the new Trollpasta site, there are other options available besides opening up the mainspace on this wiki to trollpastas. There's Bad Creepypasta Wiki which was always better than TPW anyway because they actually have quality standards to speak of to ensure they don't get bloated with low effort shitposts, there's the old Creepypasta Staff Training Wiki which people still put trollpastas on despite its original purpose of storing bad pastas for admins to practice deletion policy on being long obsolete, and if that still isn't good enough for people it would make more sense for Spinpasta Wiki to allow trollpastas than this wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Absoultely not!

      Not only is this site reserved for Creepypastas only, but also if we allow Trollpastas that is all that is ever going to get upload and pretty shortly there will be more Trollpastas than actual Creepypastas.

      Ever since the Trollpasta wiki originally went up this site has seperated from the genre, only keeping a small few on here.

        Loading editor
    • NedWolfkin wrote: Absoultely not!

      Not only is this site reserved for Creepypastas only, but also if we allow Trollpastas that is all that is ever going to get upload and pretty shortly there will be more Trollpastas than actual Creepypastas.

      Ever since the Trollpasta wiki originally went up this site has seperated from the genre, only keeping a small few on here.

      Yes, that's another thing, I have discovered that apparently not many prominent members ot TPW wiki were fans of actual creepypasta and in general they don't really like us all that much.

        Loading editor
    • And since the Trollpasta Wiki's owners are making an actual website, there is no reason people can't just save their trollpastas and post them on the site when it is up.

        Loading editor
    • By the way, what do you mean by "again"? Was there ever a time trollpastas were allowed besides the few really old ones that they let slide and put in Historical Archive?

        Loading editor
    • HopelessNightOwl wrote:
      By the way, what do you mean by "again"? Was there ever a time trollpastas were allowed besides the few really old ones that they let slide and put in Historical Archive?

      Trollpastas were outlawed sometime around 2011 IIRC. That's when the wiki's popularity started exploding.

        Loading editor
    • Simon Slaughters wrote:
      It's being rebuilt. But I think video game pastas should be allowed I got mine deleted just becasue it was a video games pasta wasn't even bassed off a real game.

      I don't think video games are banned per se, but standards for them are high because they tend to be a rehash of each other. Also which story was it?

        Loading editor
    • I respectfully vote no to the idea of allowing trollpastas. We get far too many.

        Loading editor
    • On top of everything I mentioned, allowing Trollpastas on here would put this site at risk of being closed down for the same reasons the Trollpasta Wiki was.

        Loading editor
    • Deleting trollpastas that users submit here just gives them some street cred when or if they do find a home. :b

        Loading editor
    • Kolpik wrote:
      Deleting trollpastas that users submit here just gives them some street cred when or if they do find a home. :b

      No, it just makes them look stupid.

        Loading editor
    • NedWolfkin wrote:

      Kolpik wrote:
      Deleting trollpastas that users submit here just gives them some street cred when or if they do find a home. :b

      No, it just makes them look stupid.

      Then I don't get trollpastas. Aren't they supposed to be stupid?

        Loading editor
    • Kolpik wrote:

      Then I don't get trollpastas. Aren't they supposed to be stupid?

      I was referring to the people who come on here and post Trollpastas.

      READ THE RULES PEOPLE: NO TROLLPASTAS HERE!

        Loading editor
    • NedWolfkin wrote:

      Kolpik wrote:

      Then I don't get trollpastas. Aren't they supposed to be stupid?

      I was referring to the people who come on here and post Trollpastas.

      READ THE RULES PEOPLE: NO TROLLPASTAS HERE!

      Wow, I know what you meant. I was just making a dumb joke. I think some people just call their stories trollpastas after the fact to detract from their bad writing. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong about that.

      I've never written a trollpasta, just the occasional bad story. :b

        Loading editor
    • Kolpik wrote:

      I think some people just call their stories trollpastas after the fact to detract from their bad writing.

      I feel you. Kind of like how a lot of times when people make a story that is either a journal or diary, a letter, or take place on a forum they will defend poor grammar and spelling saying stuff like "That's how the character spelled it! It was intentional!"

        Loading editor
    • Where can I find the rebuilt TPW?

        Loading editor
    • DukeNukem4ever wrote:
      Where can I find the rebuilt TPW?

      As much as I hate contributing to the replying of necro'd threads, I'll answer this.

      It still isn't up yet, and at this point it seems unlikely it will ever be. If it is, it will still be a long, long, long time before it is.

        Loading editor
    • Oppose Oppose - Absolutely not.

      In my opinion, the fandom side of the Internet is already falling apart as it is. So many once-good creepypasta wikis (Geoshea's, SOG, CJM, Creepypasta-Land) have already been sucked away into the void of crappy pastas. Let the trolls write there!

      Besides, Trollpasta Wiki, despite popular speculation, was/is NOT the only wiki where bad creepypastas go. There's Badpasta, Crappypasta, Creepypasta Staff Training, and many wikis claiming to be the sequel of the Trollpasta Wiki.

      We don't need to be hosting trollpastas, guys. Simple and clear.

        Loading editor
    • Timbolimbo.com wrote:
      Oppose Oppose - Absolutely not.

      In my opinion, the fandom side of the Internet is already falling apart as it is. So many once-good creepypasta wikis (Geoshea's, SOG, CJM, Creepypasta-Land) have already been sucked away into the void of crappy pastas. Let the trolls write there!

      Besides, Trollpasta Wiki, despite popular speculation, was/is NOT the only wiki where bad creepypastas go. There's Badpasta, Crappypasta, Creepypasta Staff Training, and many wikis claiming to be the sequel of the Trollpasta Wiki.

      We don't need to be hosting trollpastas, guys. Simple and clear.

      This thread is months old, it's already unanimous they aren't coming back.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.