FANDOM


  • What's the most disturbing horror film you've ever seen?  I know there are disturbing films from other genres, but let's stick to horror for this thread.

    For me, it was Cannibal Holocaust.  That film has made me suspicious of easy listening instrumentals.

      Loading editor
    • There's been a few that left me mentally scarred, one of them I can think of was Lovely Molly. I just felt sick after watching, in my gut.

        Loading editor
    • It seems silly to admit now, but when I was a kid, I remember getting the absolute piss scared out of me by Monster House. For being geared towards a younger audience, that movie had some terrifying themes/imagery.

        Loading editor
    • 2007's The Girl Next Door based on the novel by Jack Ketchum. Okay, maybe it's better suited as a thriller film, but the whole unprovoked violence never left me. The fact it was based on an actual murder case made it even worse for me.

        Loading editor
    • Cornconic wrote: It seems silly to admit now, but when I was a kid, I remember getting the absolute piss scared out of me by Monster House. For being geared towards a younger audience, that movie had some terrifying themes/imagery.

      All the characters are grotesque to look at lol. Even the redhead. Theres something viscerally “real” about that, and also the fact theyre all mocapped.

        Loading editor
    • William See wrote: All the characters are grotesque to look at lol. Even the redhead. Theres something viscerally “real” about that, and also the fact theyre all mocapped.

      True, though as a child, I never really noticed how disgusting the animation was. What traumatised me the most was the house's backstory.

      Constance fell to her death and was buried/suffocated in cement, and her vengeful spirit inhabited the house for years after her death.

      Her death scene gave me nightmares. Also, Nebbercracker's remark after the flashback:

      "She died, but...she didn't leave."

      Scary stuff for kids to be watching.

        Loading editor
    • Cornconic wrote:

      William See wrote: All the characters are grotesque to look at lol. Even the redhead. Theres something viscerally “real” about that, and also the fact theyre all mocapped.

      True, though as a child, I never really noticed how disgusting the animation was. What traumatised me the most was the house's backstory.

      Constance fell to her death and was buried/suffocated in cement, and her vengeful spirit inhabited the house for years after her death.

      Her death scene gave me nightmares. Also, Nebbercracker's remark after the flashback:

      "She died, but...she didn't leave."

      Scary stuff for kids to be watching.

      Oh yeah, that stuff gave me nightmares for a long time. And possibly contributed to my overall distrust of people (who resemble the old couple anyway). Now it's incredibly sad lol. 

        Loading editor
    • William See wrote:
      Oh yeah, that stuff gave me nightmares for a long time. And possibly contributed to my overall distrust of people (who resemble the old couple anyway). Now it's incredibly sad lol. 

      Because I'm old, I only just realized that you're not talking about the horror comedy, House, that came out in 1985.  Y'all must be young, because I was 19 when Monster House came out.  That's probably why I've never seen it.

        Loading editor
    • Martyrs is french film that seems at first glance to be torture porn, but there is a lot philosophy and deep themes that make it tracend its tropes and genre as a genuinely compelling film. it also deeply disturbing and viceral

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.