Hello! My name is Kara. I am a Caucasian female, a proud American, and a strict Pentecostal Christian. I honestly don't know how much time I'll be spending here (I have a mild case of post-traumatic stress disorder, so I can only take so much horror at a time), but I'm glad that I've been made to feel welcome here. I believe that well-written horror frightens yet intrigues. You feel afraid, but then you come back for more. Some things frighten me that don't frighten others, but then again some things frighten others that don't frighten me. I also think there are times whether or not something is scary depends on the circumstances. My friend once showed me some scars on his shoulder. They were really very small, and most people would think nothing of them, but since it was my beloved friend, and I knew the story behind them, they might as well have been huge, gaping, festering, open wounds. The two genres of horror I really respect are psychological horror and body horror. I don't like the splatterfilm type of horror, especially when it's just gore for gore's sake. I also think the scariest things happen in real life. I once saw a documentary about the portrayal of the Third Reich and the Holocaust in Hollywood film, and I literally had trouble sleeping for a whole week. The part in Schlinder's List (I think that was the film) with the little boy making a "cut the throat" motion to someone simply for being Jewish is more effective and a lot scarier than the cheap "scares" in a lot of horror films today.
Je suis Charlie.
I'm joining the club, though I prefer to be called a geezer. =======>
Here's my YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXXUSDvB-PWf7lVa5umD9Q.
My favorite pages
- Afraid of the Dark
- An Illegal Investigation of Ballintully Springs
- Awkward Moments
- Fear of Victory
- Hyper Cola
- I Am a Big Boy
- I Dream of Names and Cancer
- My Christmas Tale
- My Prison
- Nothing Turns Out the Way You Plan
- Occupied Chimney
- Phobia (since deleted by author's request)
- Plague of 1918
- Pokémon War Theory
- Public Restrooms
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy
- The Amazing World of Gumball: The Virus 
- The Brown Spot 
- The Deaths of Lela and Raymond Howard
- The Doctor and the Coffin Song
- The Pawn Shop Puzzle
- The Scariest Video Game Ever
- Tick, Tock
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
I write to create atmospheric stories and flex my creative muscles, not to induce screaming nightmares or one-up anybody.
The Houseguest Series (5)
Other Stories Involving Gerald Ripley and/or Other Members of Basilisk (3)
Stories Involving Other Characters from My Comics (9)
- Dawn's Notebooks
- Induced Amnesia
- The Cause of the Crash
- The Needle (sequel to "The Cause of the Crash")
- The Creature in the Meteorite
- The Dagger and the Cords
- The Horrors
- Van's Nightmare (prequel to "Kumiho")
- White Lady
Other Stories (10)
- Becoming a Demon
- Binding Symbol
- Just Tell Yourself
- Masks for Sale
- Most Sinister Weapon
- Periodic Nyctophobia
- Reminder of Death
- The Beast of Genov
- The Melon Head Illustration
- The Watch on the Arm
Hail and Farewell (My Deleted Stories)
Deleted stories happen to all of us, and I've decided to have a respectful in memoriam to my stories that are no longer with us rather than be a hateful crybaby about it. ~takes off hat~ It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.
- "Post-Attack" and "Arms"  - These two stories were based on true accounts. "Post-Attack" had a drug addict request his drug pipe right after suffering a cocaine-induced heart attack. Its sequel, "Arms", had the addict deciding to get clean after he suffered a fit of cocaine-induced psychosis and scratched up his own arms.
- "The Geisha" and "Broken Contract"- These were based on one of my comic books. "The Geisha" featured a man being murdered by a hired killer disguised as a geisha. Its sequel, "Broken Contract", had the hired killer turning on her employer and putting him in a deathtrap. I combined the two to form "The Dagger and the Cords".
- "Trouble on the Mound" - This story featured someone suffering a nightmare about a favorite baseball pitcher collapsing during a game.
- "Most Horrifying Halloween Figure"  - This humorous story featured a young woman encountering the most horrifying of Halloween figures, the high school age Trick-or-Treater with a "costume" consisting of a sports jersey and pillowcase.
- "Tanks for the Exhilaration"  - This story featured an arrogant football player who became intoxicated after someone replaced the medic's oxygen tank with a nitrous oxide (laughing gas) tank.
- "The Banshee of Connacht" - This humorous story had a banshee who screamed not because of a death, but because she peed herself in a cold, windy peat bog.
Videos of My Pastas
I'm very honored, and you all did great jobs. Thanks a million!
- Midnight Siren
- "The Melon Head Illustration"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkWVKtnbpd8 (This reading is of the original and therefore purest version of my story).
- GrimlandGrime/TheEldritchBee (formerly known as Grimey Savage and now known as TheEldritchBee on YouTube)
- "Masks for Sale"- http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:%22Mask_for_Sale%22_by_Raidra-0
- "What Was Sacrificed"- http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:%22What_was_Sacrificed%22_By_Raidra
- "The Lichen Beast" (A CreepyPacca reading)- http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:The_Lichen_Beast_-_CeepyPacca_reading or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjWKI3DAZM
- "Masks for Sale"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNDJsuLE4I
- "The Melon Head Illustration"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LF4y5iK1dk
- "Reminder of Death"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY2JpikPCXU
- "Periodic Nyctophobia"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-EnKgNheck&t=5s (My story is from 7:54-12:03)
- Missmacabreo09 (known as Creepy Razzy on YouTube)
- "Masks for Sale"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiTnw3jOKc
- The Creepy Kitten feat. AgentShadoWolf
- "Becoming a Demon"-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69VybqlYioQ (My story is from 16:20-24:20)
- "Masks for Sale"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbhEojNJgz4&t=11s
- No Time Creepy
- "Just Tell Yourself"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scY-S_-BQ0k
- Good tails doll (known as Soulz Studios on YouTube)
- Lady MCreepsta
- "The Beast of Genov"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJo-Rx3UU0&t=28s
- BY the People
- "Becoming a Demon"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amvGX0GhTk
The Faciwork Incident
By popular request I added to my story “The Melon Head Illustration”. A few weeks later, someone made a completely nonsensical edit. The section was supposed to read, “Years ago I worked as a nurse in that very facility. I worked in a different part of the building.” This user changed it to read, “Years ago I worked as a nurse in that very faciworked in a different part of the building.” It wasn’t long before Empy undid this inane edit. What made it weirder was someone left a message on that user’s talk page declaring, “Hello! Thks for your edit- makes the pasta more understandable in my opinon” I replied, “If you mean the edit made to my story 'The Melon Head Illustration', no, it didn't. It was completely nonsensical and uncalled for to the point that it defies explanation.” I never got any sort of response. I mentioned the incident on one of Empy’s blogs and some of us poked fun at it. One of them was Dr. Frank N. Furter, who summed it all up in a blog comment. “Ok, I promise not to reference ‘faciwork’ anymore, but it's just so funny to me that this seemingly random person apparently made an account for the sole purpose of warping a random line in your story. And what really makes it a classic is the other guy saying it made the story ‘more understandable.’ I think the whole thing was just a beautifully absurd situation.” Kudos to Dr. Frank for summing the whole thing up so beautifully. I shall throw some toast in your honor!
The Jewelry Box
Here are some nice things people have said about my stories.
- "And, I think a pretty fair way to describe her style is 'personal' and 'unrestrained,' she doesn't really care if half of her work feels more like a portfolio of thoughts and ideas than actual pasta's because that's what she wanted to put out into the world."- EtherBot on his blog about me
- "And I completely agree with your thinking and reasoning for the story; the unabashed realism with regards to the PTSD was very appealing."- Dr. Frank in his review for the finished draft of "The Memory Machine"
- I got a shout-out! :-D https://www.signalhorizon.com/single-post/2018/02/11/15-Amazing-Creepypastas-You-Should-Read-Right-Now
Random Scary Movie Thoughts
My Weapons Blogs
These are free for anyone to use as long as they give me credit.