Subscribe to my subreddit r/TheVespersBell to make sure you're always up to date on my content or to ask me questions. Some of the stories posted here have been or will be featured on the Chilling Tales For Dark Nights horror podcast, so subscribe to them if you'd like to hear them read aloud. You can find my author page for them here.
I've also made a not insignificant number of contributions to the SCP Wiki. You can find my author page here. .
If you'd prefer to enjoy my stories in Kindle form, or would just like to show me your support, you can purchase my 24 story Horror Anthology on Amazon today.
- 1 The Harrowick Chronicles
- 1.1 Hallowed Ground
- 1.2 The Mad Monk of Saint Aria's
- 1.3 The Cellar Dweller
- 1.4 The Worst Thing In The World
- 1.5 CODE NIGHTMARE REGENT RED
- 1.6 Think Tank
- 1.7 Something Familiar
- 1.8 See No Evil
- 1.9 Widow Makers
- 1.10 Once In A Blue Blood Moon
- 1.11 Red In Tooth And Claw
- 1.12 The Colour Of Television Tuned To A Dead Channel
- 1.13 The Man Of The House
- 1.14 The Price Is Blood
- 2 Dread Sovereigns
- 3 Penny Dreadfuls
- 4 Audio Adaptations
- 5 My favourite pages
The Harrowick Chronicles
Odd occurrences from the city of Sombermorey and Harrowick County
~ A quiet young woman stumbles upon an abandoned cemetery, and quickly claims it as her own private sanctum. But when All Hallow's Eve rolls around, she learns that it's been abandoned for a very good reason.
~ ~ ~
~ A young Witch goes to investigate an old abandoned church, wondering if the mysterious figure she encountered there years before was real. Instead, she finds a god that has no business dwelling in any human sanctuary.
~ During a routine sleepover, a pair of teenage girls uncover a hidden trap door in one of their basements. It leads to a forgotten cellar, filled with forbidden secrets that should have been left to rot.
~ "You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world." - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
~ Upon discovering a new brand of energy drink in a strange vending machine, young Halcyon is more than eager to give it a go. It's not until she finally manages to fall asleep again that she learns its ridiculous, over-the-top name was more than just a marketing gimmick.
~ Desperate times call for desperate measures. When two young men decide to burgle an empty guest house of their local plutocrat, they find it's guarded by an uncommonly cerebral watchman, who's not about to let something as trivial as not having a body keep him from his duties.
~ A conversation with her spirit familiar leads Samantha to a collection of arcane scrolls, containing portents of a rare alignment of occult forces in the days to come. It also leads her to her first encounter with Seneca Chamberlin, the most mysterious plutocrat of Harrowick County.
~ During an out of town business trip, a man drops into a peculiar Oddity Shop and purchases a pair of antique, red-tinted goggles, and has his eyes opened to horrors he never imagined.
~ Along a seldom troden road, there lies a virtually unknown conservatory for the rarest of spiders. You're welcome to visit, just mind where you step.
~ With almost twenty years in between Moon rises, it'd be a shame to let this one go to waste.
~ Following his greatest failure, Seneca Chamberlin must return to his Order's headquarters to face the consequences. What waits for him there is his worst nightmare, literally.
~ “I think a little splash of colour is exactly what this production needs.”
~ When going through their attic for Christmas decorations, Samantha and Genevieve find a letter left by Eve's Great Grandfather, revealing a long kept family secret.
~ Investigating local legends that say the old Fawn & Raubritter Foundry is still in business, Ella discovers something far more monstrous and outlandish than she ever dared to fear.
Stand-Alone stories that don't necessarily fit into any canon
~ Well, have you? I bet you've been doing it wrong.
~ When a blind woman receives an offer to participate in a mysterious company's experiments with darkness, at first she doesn't see the harm in signing up. Once she's in the lab though, she starts to see why she shouldn't have come - and a whole lot more besides.
~ Let me just get the obvious out of the way first; yes, I’ve actually been to the future.
~ Be sure to check the table for bugs before you sit down to eat.
Tales that double-dip into my Dread & Circuses Canon on the SCP Wiki
~ In 15th century London town, an old apothecary and his granddaughter have their evening interrupted by a rather zealous member of the Inquisition, who's convinced they're guilty of witchcraft. Does a fiery execution await the both of them, or might they yet have a trick up their sleeves to keep their lives and livelihood from going up in smoke?
~ "Yes, we lure people in here to be tortured, killed, and then chucked into a pit because that's how we get our rocks off. We’re monsters, and we’re fine and dandy with that."
Above the Grave
Chilling Tales For Dark Nights (and affiliates)
Miss Creepy Tales
My favourite pages
- Candle Cove would have to be my favourite of the classic creepypastas, especially with the expanded lore of the show that's been generated over the years.
- The Russian Sleep Experiment is my second favourite classic pasta.
- For some reason, The Thing That Stalks The Fields by David Feuling stands out in my memory among the earlier creepypastas as well.
- Whispers Heard Through the Wall, and to a lesser extent its sequels, would be my favourite of Empyreal Invective's writings.
- I'm a huge fan of the Wicker Series by ShadowSwimmer77, in particular The Wicker House.
- The Well, the Wheel, and Wilhelm by Creepy Thomas O is quite possibly my favourite stand-alone creepypasta.
- The Song and Dance Man
- Ava Miller is in Room 201 at the Starlight Motel provides a very unsettling sense of body horror and loss of agency.
- The Whistler in the Night by George Nowick.
- Beyong the Veil, by sixty seagraves.
- Heather Thomas delivers an excellent reading of Blindness by Moonlit Cove.
- If It's the Last Thing I Do by joshuawaggoner90. Tik tok. Tik tok. Is that a crocodile I hear?
- Spacegirl by Ryan Peacock aka HeadOfSpectre. Absolutely beautiful story.