Find me on Reddit at U/A_Vespertine, where I'll be posting scary stories as well. Some of the stories posted here have been or will be featured on the Chilling Tales For Dark Nights horror podcast, so subscribe to them if you'd like to hear them read aloud. You can find my author page for them here.
I've also made a not insignificant number of contributions to the SCP Wiki. You can find my author page here. .
The Harrowick Chronicles
Odd occurrences from the city of Sombermorey and Harrowick County
~ A quiet young woman stumbles upon an abandoned cemetery, and quickly claims it as her own private sanctum. But when All Hallow's Eve rolls around, she learns that it's been abandoned for a very good reason.
~ ~ ~
~ A young Witch goes to investigate an old abandoned church, wondering if the mysterious figure she encountered there years before was real. Instead, she finds a god that has no business dwelling in any human sanctuary.
~ During a routine sleepover, a pair of teenage girls uncover a hidden trap door in one of their basements. It leads to a forgotten cellar, filled with forbidden secrets that should have been left to rot.
~ "You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world." - Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
~ Upon discovering a new brand of energy drink in a strange vending machine, young Halcyon is more than eager to give it a go. It's not until she finally manages to fall asleep again that she learns its ridiculous, over-the-top name was more than just a marketing gimmick.
~ Desperate times call for desperate measures. When two young men decide to burgle an empty guest house of their local plutocrat, they find it's guarded by an uncommonly cerebral watchman, who's not about to let something as trivial as not having a body keep him from his duties.
~ A conversation with her spirit familiar leads Samantha to a collection of arcane scrolls, containing portents of a rare alignment of occult forces in the days to come. It also leads her to her first encounter with Seneca Chamberlin, the most mysterious plutocrat of Harrowick County.
Stand-Alone stories that don't necessarily fit into any canon
~ Well, have you? I bet you've been doing it wrong.
~ When a blind woman receives an offer to participate in a mysterious company's experiments with darkness, at first she doesn't see the harm in signing up. Once she's in the lab though, she starts to see why she shouldn't have come - and a whole lot more besides.
Tales that double-dip into my Dread & Circuses Canon on the SCP Wiki
~ In 15th century London town, an old apothecary and his granddaughter have their evening interrupted by a rather zealous member of the Inquisition, who's convinced they're guilty of witchcraft. Does a fiery execution await the both of them, or might they yet have a trick up their sleeves to keep their lives and livelihood from going up in smoke?
Above the Grave
Chilling Tales For Dark Nights (and affiliates)
My favourite pages
- Candle Cove would have to be my favourite of the classic creepypastas, especially with the expanded lore of the show that's been generated over the years.
- The Russian Sleep Experiment is my second favourite classic pasta.
- For some reason, The Thing That Stalks The Fields by David Feuling stands out in my memory among the earlier creepypastas as well.
- Whispers Heard Through the Wall, and to a lesser extent its sequels, would be my favourite of Empyreal Invective's writings.
- I'm a huge fan of the Wicker Series by ShadowSwimmer77, in particular The Wicker House.
- The Well, the Wheel, and Wilhelm by Creepy Thomas O is quite possibly my favourite stand-alone creepypasta.
- The Song and Dance Man
- Ava Miller is in Room 201 at the Starlight Motel provides a very unsettling sense of body horror and loss of agency.
- The Whistler in the Night by George Nowick.
- Beyong the Veil, by sixty seagraves.
- Heather Thomas delivers an excellent reading of Blindness by Moonlit Cove.
- If It's the Last Thing I Do by joshuawaggoner90. Tik tok. Tik tok. Is that a crocodile I hear?
- Spacegirl by Ryan Peacock aka HeadOfSpectre. Absolutely beautiful story.