And that's okay, English is complex and we often have words that mean two different things. I wanted to take a moment to clarify some pairs of words that often get mixed interchangeably. Of course, it's up to you if you want to use them stylistically while keeping their definitions in mind.
- I actually went over this in another blog post. Feel free to check it out!
- Sapience is defined as the ability to reason, to have wisdom or intelligence. It is strictly a human-oriented word to describe higher thought processes.
- Sentience is a general term for any living organism that can process stimuli or general existence. It can apply to animals and humans, as most animals arguably do not have higher thinking processes.
- Plausibility is when something follo…
Read more >
As a seasoned user, I like to check up on current trends regarding new user uploads. Mistakes are oft made as per human norm, so I’d like to jot down a few quick tips that’ll help your browsing and writing experience so much easier.
0) Users with colored usernames are staff, you can ask them for help on anything. However, users with lots of edits (500-1000) are often regulars and may be able to help you too.
1) You can click on genre tags to read what they’re used for. This will help you avoid putting inapplicable ones on your story or deciding how to categorize.
2) When editing, always switch to Source mode. You can view what your pasta looks like on desktop pr mobile using the Preview buttons on the right side.
3) Yellow Links are clickable.…Read more >
I recently noticed new users who are uploading and editing onsite and in discussions aren't showing the edit counts on their profile. Is this a glitch, has anyone else noticed?Read more >
So it's pretty obvious by this point that Creepypasta, on the whole, is sort of a pop-blend of reality and fiction. Whether it's a true phenomena embellished to be believably creepy, or a totally fictional story that's presented as true, the site has always been dedicated to that nebulous area between the two genres.
That being said, how do we handle stories that are simple retellings of real life incidents? Does that mean we are obliged to hold someone's firsthand account of an active shooter for example ... as on par with the likes of BEN Drowned? Are we intended to treat it as a story and nothing more, or are we still attempting to be a significantly less overbearing version of NoSleep's active Suspension of Disbelief rule. Because frank…Read more >
2020 has hit rock bottom indeed, but that only means it can get better (hopefully). I know Reality outside the home has been even more horrific and less fun than fiction tends to be, but hang in there. The most important thing you can do right now is hang out within your respective circles and continue doing things that you find enjoyable, whether that's writing or drawing or crocheting or doing weirdly intrusive ASMR videos. Before you know it, you'll be able to resume daily life and hopefully even find some improvements you haven't thought about before.
8} User:NoOneWillSee 22:14, June 4, 2020 (UTC)Read more >