If you are here to inquire about a story of yours that was deleted, read this first as it will likely explain why.
Are you here about a Journal Entry pasta that was deleted? Read that guide before asking why your story was deleted.
If you are inquiring about a longer story that was deleted, perhaps this guide will elaborate on possible issues.
This guide on micro pastas should help if you are wondering why your short story was deleted.
Maybe it was an NSFW pasta that was deleted, if so, this guide has you covered on common pitfalls.
Or maybe it was a more emotion driven story that you're wondering about what went wrong and how you can improve.
Feel free to leave a message and sign it with four tildes (~) Like this: ~~~~
Also note, keep messages civil. If you leave an acerbic message expect me to respond in kind.
A few minor things I noticed while re-reading Creepypasta Wiki:Quality Standards:
- "Cliches" should be lowercased.
- "Put an image in the author's head." - this should probably be changed to "reader's head."
- In the section of the FAQ explaining the difference between a story with elements that are nonsensical and a story that straight-up doesn't make sense, the link to an example of the latter is dead. I would change it to this for the time being.
- Speaking of this section, there seems to be a disconnect here in that the page never made any mention of stories needing to "make sense" (exact quotes) before this section. I looked in the page history, and it turns out it's because, between Callie's version and the current version, the part that said "The story needs to make a degree of sense" was changed to "The story needs to be coherent." One of these sections needs to be updated to amend this disconnect.
- Also, the opening sentence of that section ("I meant the story itself, not its elements.") should probably be edited to be more consistent with the impersonal tone of the rest of the page: "We meant the story itself, not its elements." The closing sentence, too, should probably be edited: "That's the bad kind of making no sense." Honestly, this whole section could probably be removed. It's a tad unnecessary now that I think about it.