Hi, welcome to Creepypasta Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User blog:Underscorre/Jeff the Killer Rewrite Contest! page.
Please be sure to check out all the Site Rules, as it is important to follow them. Failure to abide by them may result in your account being blocked.
Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything!
You're a Finalist in the JtK Rewrite Contest!
Thanks for participating!
RE: JtK Rewrite Review
JtK: Personal Judging Results
As the JtK contest has ended, I would like to show you my personal notes that I took while reading your story.
This story is absolutely brilliant. The approach is very new, and because of it, it allows us to see the whole situation in an almost completely unbiased viewpoint. We see how paranoid Randy is and his regret, but we also see the sympathetic side of Jeff and how much Liu still cares for him. We see the different sides of the story, and since that is the entire point of the story, it makes this story genius. The ending line, “That’s really all I have to say,” didn’t sit in with me too well at first, but then when I thought about it, I realized this line completely fell into line with the theme of the story: That there is always another viewpoint and side to the story. When he says that line, he is talking about his own viewpoint being done, which is honestly a perfect ending. The only fault I can think of here is that it isn’t too creepy, but I’ll take quality over that any day of the year.
Not too sure
I know you'd need an admin to alter the abuse filters so that you could post it. I really don't know too much about the technical side of the contest, since I entered it, I stepped away from any of the admin duties around it. I think Underscore was coming up with prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place. He'll have better answers than I.
I'd suggest waiting for a response from him then. I have little to no knowledge of the timeline for that contest, and I was even under the impression that only the top story would be featured on the site so I'm not the best person to ask. Just relax a bit and wait for him to message you back. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 05:20, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Looking further into it, here's what I found: On the winning blog Underscore writes this: "I hope you will enjoy reading the winning entry once it's moved to this 'site." which strongly implies that only the main story will be featured and the runner-up will be featured alongside it, but not actually posted to the main site. I would strongly suggest you stop messaging Banning as this is the 15th separate time you've done so when he already told you to wait for Underscore to respond. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 06:14, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
- What? I've only messaged Banning twice. As for the rules, that's how I interpreted them at first as well, but I remember someone saying somewhere along the line that all three would be posted.
- JZoidberg (talk) 06:18, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Please take a moment to look at this. Every edit sends a new notification to the user that they check (making minor changes to one thing multiple times comes off as being very much like pointsgaming.) Your questions will be answered in a timely manner but constantly altering messages multiple times in the space of a few hours comes off as being very spammy. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 06:23, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh. Sorry, I'm still a little new to the site and I had no idea every separate edit sent a new notification. I was reformatting/rephrasing my original question, I didn't intend to spam anyone.
- JZoidberg (talk) 06:25, December 9, 2015 (UTC)
I'm really sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I've had a couple of things to deal with IRL and haven't been as active on the wiki as I usually would be.
I will need to quickly discuss with the other admins on how we're going to proceed with this (whether or not the stories will actually be posted onto the main website or not), but I should have an answer for you very soon.
Sorry for all the confusion!
- Again, I'm really sorry about the slow response, it's taken some time to work this all out.
- I'm going to add links to both your pasta and the second place at the top of the story. Given the massive amount of drama, it just seems like it's going to be even worse if we upload two more Jeff the Killers. I hope you understand :)
- Sorry again for all this.
- « UnderScorre » 15:46, December 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I've discussed this with the other admins, it's non-negotiable I'm afraid. If you look at the page, the link to your version is right at the top, it will certainly get a large amount of exposure, potentially more so than if it was its own page. « UnderScorre » 18:48, December 17, 2015 (UTC)
As your story unfortunately didn't get posted on the wiki, I will post the review here.
First things first, I liked the direction you went with. The different pespective was very interesting and allowed us to see things under an unexpected light. Very nice choice.
Your writing was perfect too. The story flowed nicely. Character development was very good, all the main characters were fleshed out nicely. I especially liked how you portrayed Randy.
The plot was suspenseful and you gave it a very "humane" side, which I loved.
The only probelm is that it is too different from the original. This was the story's downfall as a rewrite. As a separate story, it is fantastic. But in the context of the contest, it may have cost you a higher standing.
It was removed as we're trying to conserve space on the appeal. If you haven't noticed, other people are gearing up to appeal their JtK stories and having massive rebuttals below every appeal is going to clog up the page. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 16:38, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Because yours is the most recent and as we're expecting the others to post an appeal as well and don't want to have to archive the page midway through, I decided to remove it, if you want, feel free to post it on my talk page, but I pointed out the issues already and arguing with word repetition, fragmented sentences, and story issues isn't going to sway my decision. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 16:49, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, but instead of jumping to conclusion, you can look and see that I remove the second one as well. I overlooked it due to the fact that it was aligned with my original message and you followed up the appeal with five separate edits that made your appeal look like the most recent one. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 16:56, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Not really, once an appeals been decided, it's typically set in stone as the admin group is rarely split on these issues, which is why we advise authors to revise their stories as best they can before making an appeal. Now I'm getting on my flight, feel free to keep complaining, but I won't be responding for a day or so. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 17:00, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
I've removed your blog as that is not the place for spinoff appeal complaints. You can post it on Emp's talk page like he offered but not as a blog. I will make a pastebin link of it and put it on the spinoff appeal. I can assure you we will all see it.
I'm a journalist for the UK's largest horror site and I'm currently writing a series of features on the most iconic, frightening and culturally significant Creepypasta stories, later to be collected into an eBook
Here are a couple of examples to give you an idea of what I'm doing: http://www.ukhorrorscene.com/dark-web-steven-hickeys-essential-guide-to-creepypasta-part-17-penpal/
I wondered if I might be able to ask you a few questions about your rewrite of Jeff the Killer?
Needless to say I would be more than happy to show you the chapter for your approval before publishing and would be sure to include all credits and links to any of your sites, plus references to any upcoming projects for which you might appreciate any additional publicity.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, I really do appreciate it.
Best wishes and kindest regards,