A Little About Myself
I'm new here. and, I'm still working things out on this Wikia site. It's even harder to figure out than deviant art.Mmpratt99 deviantart 05:27, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Now they're saying I'm earning these badges just by using this page. I haven't even contributed much of anything yet and already I'm earning points.Mmpratt99 deviantart 05:37, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'm trying to balance my time between the every day world and the internet. Feel free to comment on anything that needs editing on my work. Please don't leave any hurtful comments, I came here for helpful advice and critique, not to be insulted.User:Mmpratt99 deviantart 21:29, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
You Can Also Contact Me On
You actually don't have an Archive 2. What you did was add to your first one, Archive 1. I've went ahead and removed the Archive 2 link for you.
- No problem. Not sure if I know what you mean by enough, but if you mean space, then yes, there's plenty of space. When you do want to make Archive 2, you can just click on Archive 1, then change the 1 to a 2 in the address bar and hit enter. That will bring up a page asking if you want to create Archive 2, and I think you can figure it out from there. Of course, you can always ask for help.
Here's that silent graphic novel I mentioned. It reads from left to right, and I apologize for some of the pages being crooked. Since there are no words it's officially untitled. However, it has various nicknames- the Missy special, Wordless, the Gold Issue, and Silver Teardrop. "Missy" is the young woman in the blue green jacket and pink skirt. She was formerly a supervillainess who battled the superheroines Ultra Kate and Karate Kate. The Super Kates met Kent, a fellow very close to Missy. He's the fellow seen in the first panel, and he later appears in a flashback to a moment in the previous issue. He told the Kates that they should have handled Missy differently and they realized he was right- they should have approached Missy with compassion instead of simply fighting her. This issue has Ultra and Karate Kate meeting with Missy to try to make amends. There's one more thing that would be helpful to know. Both Ultra Kate and Karate Kate constantly cry from one eye- Ultra Kate from her left and Karate Kate from her right. If there's anything I need to explain afterwards, let me know.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the comic and my style. I wish I could stay and talk more, but with holiday preparations I'm afraid I'll have to talk later. Still, I'm not so busy that I can't answer your questions. First off, I think that clicking on the pictures will redirect you to larger versions of the pages. You could also try copying and pasting them into a word processor and then re-sizing them. Hopefully one of those will work. As for the species, these particular characters are human. My style is to portray humans with very short snouts as opposed to normal mouths and noses. However, like something out of a fairy tale or an anime, my comics have a range of characters- humans, talking animals, half-human, half-animal hybrids, space aliens, monsters, and what-have-you. Hmm... that's kind of like someone else I know... Raidra (talk) 01:26, December 20, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, here's a little more commentary on my comics. I was once asked to describe my art, so I described it as having characteristics of mannerism, surrealism, pop art, and art brut ("raw art", art inspired by art made by children and the insane) with influences from folktales, cartoons, and anime. There are some cliches I gleefully use, but other times, like you said, I like to do things differently. I once had an issue that mainly involved two of the superheroes and one of the supervillains/anti-heroes sitting at a kitchen table and having a nice conversation. It can't just be battle after battle after epic battle. There are a lot of characters I want to introduce, but I want to have a lot of quiet, meaningful moments, humorous touches, etc. Occasionally I like to have fun with revealing identities too. I once had Kate (who splits into Ultra Kate and Karate Kate) playing cards and chatting with a friend. They pause to ponder the cards, and then Kate blurts out, "I'm Ultra and Karate Kate." The friend replies, "I know," having figured it out already. Then they just have a casual conversation about it until Kate is called into action.
A lot of comics in the '90s had ridiculously muscular characters, and that's one of the things people look back on now and ask, "Man, what were they thinking?" I never liked that. In fact, when I was a schoolchild and I had down time, one of my favorite things to draw was a guy with a big, muscular body... and a koala's head. I always have been a little different. Raidra (talk) 17:54, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
Did you just feel that earthquake?
Have you heard anything from Tyber?
- Thanks for responding. I do too. Remember this? http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Tyberzannisultra/Creepypasta_Narration Those were the days, my friend! Raidra (talk) 00:20, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
Blog Post About Psychic Powers
I don't know why, but for some reason I couldn't reply to your blog post. I get an error message. At first, I thought it was a computer issue or even an account issue, but I tested and was able to reply to other people's blog posts and regular forum posts just fine. For some reason, your blog post specifically will not allow me to post.
Anyway, I wanted to reply so I figured I could still do it here on your talk page (if this doesn't work, I just think your account doesn't like mine lol).
My answer below:
No, I think it's how you execute a character with them. If you make your character exhibit the use of their power exactly how every other character with psychic powers does then, yes. However, if you try to go a different route then, no.
Now it's okay if you some similarities, but I believe trying a route no one has done before would spice up the ability a bit. It just so happens that on one story I'm working on, I have a character with psychic abilities as well (I mentioned doing a series in a old blog, this is for that). I'm going to try something different with them though.
You sound like you're going in the right direction. Limitations to their abilities as you have stated are always a plus to prevent OP characters (unless proper development of the powers is shown).
That was my two cents, hope this helps.
- No, I don't think you messed up on your end. I really thought it was something I did. I really thought I was blocked from editing, unaware of what I did if that was the case.
- If you're stuck between the two, I guess you can try and figure which would serve the plot for your particular story the most. I couldn't tell you because I don't know your story or your creative process really. With me, I like to think of a few scenes and see if I can build an entire story off it or see if it's just a dead-end idea.
I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I do plan to read the full "Short Hoggers" story and leave a review. It's just that it might be a while because I've had a lot of distractions lately. Take care! Raidra (talk) 02:02, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
I'll try to review it when I get some free time, that being said, I tend to review completed stories so my feedback might not be as helpful as your stories seem to be WIP (last time I checked). EmpyrealInvective (talk) 23:57, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
- I left you a couple I.O.U.s. Incidentally, would you rather I read/review those first and then finishing reading/reviewing "Short Hoggers", or vice-versa? Raidra (talk) 01:32, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I'm terribly busy at the moment, so I don't think I'll be able to get to them in a timely manner. Quite probably they'll be out of the workshop by the time I start reading them. I will review whatever version you have up at the time (finished or WIP). I apologise. MrDupin (talk) 16:01, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
Issue with Deviantart
I am not sure if you logged onto Deviantart this week, but something scary happened. I learned about a user named petergriffinislove, or ManGlenn. The scary thing that happened was he was doing very sexual roleplays with teenager girls and he's a convicted pedophile.
There was talk of Deviantart shutting down by the FBI due to his presence. However, on Thursday, he was banned, thank goodness.
Hey Pratty! How've you been? I hope you're fine; if you are, then I envy you. Life has been so stressful lately and I barely had any rest, just so you know.
I'm sorry if I can't get into your story for now. The Revolt contest has been keeping me very busy/exhausted and up all night these last two days, and when I come home from what I call "hell" I'm already too tired to even think, much more critique a pasta. But don't worry, as soon as I get some well-deserved rest and sufficient amount of time, I'll find my way around to reviewing your story. I promise that.
And Pokemongreen doesn't have any website other than his account here, and I think I'm the only one who has direct contact to him. If you wanna ask him something, tell me and I'll email the link to him. That's pretty much all the help I could provide.
Hear ya!12:33, April 14, 2016 (UTC)
I'll check it out and leave you some feedback asap.
RE: Review Request
Hi Mmpratt. I'll take a look at your story this weekend.
By the way, I don't think your stories are cliched; quite the opposite. Yes, sometimes there are some little cliches here and there, but they are given to the reader in such an original way that most of they time they don't even realize it. That's the exact opposite of a cliched story, if you ask me. MrDupin (talk) 13:29, April 14, 2016 (UTC)
We're trying to cut back on separate posts for the same story (outlined in the forum rules.) as multiple revisions for multiple stories can clog up the forum. You can update the original thread by either editing the original story or putting it in the comments below. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 17:47, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
- No problem. As for reviewing it, I would get more feedback from other sources as I looked over it again and I really didn't have much to add. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 21:05, April 23, 2016 (UTC)
Congratulations on the new story
Sorry for the short review
Sorry for the short review. I tried posting a long review. Maybe, I waited too long, but when I tried posting. It said that there was something going wrong with the login and something about hijacking or something. I've encountered it a few times and it's been troublesome ever since.
I hope the problem resolves itself, because when I take a long time to post. It just says that about hijacking and needing to log back in or something like that. It's happened more than once.
I just wanted you to know that I got some bad news today, so I won't be able to review any stories for a while (though I can still bump threads if you need me to). Thank you for your understanding. Raidra (talk) 00:33, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Here’s the update/explanation. Recently my mom has had to deal with a left big toe that refused to heal. Yesterday she went to a wound specialist. They had her stay at the hospital while they did some tests. It turned out that the bone was infected, and last night they told us the options weren’t good. This afternoon they removed the toe. To quote a line from a Family Guy scene I came across while flipping through the channels, “Had better days, Lois. Had better days.” Luckily the surgery went well, and we’re optimistic her recovery will go well too. We’re thankful because things could be a lot worse. I won't be doing any heavy work on the wiki for a while, but I can still converse with my friends. Raidra (talk) 03:39, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for that. I appreciate your understanding and well wishes. I hope you don't have any trouble fixing up the rental (that there aren't any raccoons, or gangsters looking for hidden loot, or any of the things that happen in comedy films about house renovation). Yeah, it's a shame. Raidra (talk) 04:07, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- That's good, though it's a shame about them leaving a mess. Schmucks. I hope the open house goes well. Did you ever hear the urban legend about the guy who had a growing odor in his home? He cleaned the carpet thoroughly, burned incense, and whatnot, but the odor only grew worse and more powerful. He decided to sell his house for a steep loss and move to a new place. On moving day his ex came by to watch from afar. She thought of how he had promised to be true, how she had sacrificed to finance his schooling, and how he dumped her for a younger woman. She also thought about how she had stuffed a number of shrimp in the curtain rods, and she laughed as she saw the movers put the rods in the truck to be taken to his new place. There are various versions of that story, including one involving a fish sewn into the driver's seat of the cheater's car. Raidra (talk) 00:34, May 14, 2016 (UTC)
Mom was released from the hospital today. She isn’t feeling the best right now due to the antibiotics, but she’s able to walk as long as she puts her weight on her heel, and my aunt and I are here to help. She had a lot of good nurses (most of which were male, interestingly enough) and a lot of well-wishers during her hospital stay, so that’s good. We appreciate everyone who’s given their support.
I was going to make a joke about keeping fish out of the hands of ne'erdowells, but these stories are mainly about people getting back at ne'erdowells, so it's like fish and shrimp are equalizers. Did you hear that story last October about some grocery store banning/restricting the sale of eggs to minors until early November? Raidra (talk) 00:17, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Mom's health has improved since she first got home. She felt uneasy yesterday, but she's felt better today, and she's getting around pretty well. We're hoping she'll be able to attend my nephew's high school graduation on Saturday. I've shared the comments people have made and she appreciates all the well wishes. :-) Let me know how Open House Day goes. Raidra (talk) 02:11, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
Long Awaited Edit
So, I managed to get my review up that I could never seem to get up on this wikia. I managed to copy my review and then post it, via Ctrl C and Ctrl V. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/2412_E_Cochran_Rd
I hope my review helps you out with your story in the future. I wish you a Happy Friday the Thirteenth!
No brats allowed
Have you ever heard the joking story about the man who wrote to a hotel asking if they allowed dogs? The manager replied with a long letter talking about how he liked dogs because a dog had never stolen towels, gotten drunk and yelled at the staff, tried to cheat a worker out of money, etc., and concluding with, "Your dog will be welcome here, and if he can vouch for you, then you'll allowed too." Raidra (talk) 02:04, May 20, 2016 (UTC)
- I was able to find a copy online (though I misremembered it as being longer)- http://www.teresamills.bizland.com/tributetodogs/poems/joke2.htm. Raidra (talk) 00:44, May 21, 2016 (UTC)
- I remember one time my aunt's Yorkshire terrier peed on a bedroom rug. I scolded, "Did you do something you weren't supposed to?" He shrank back and then hid his little face under the bed as if he were ashamed. I didn't give him any further punishment because he obviously knew he had done something wrong.
- Did you see that recent article talking about public pools being less than sanitary? Of course, that's no big surprise, right?
Maybe, I am just weird
I am probably letting creepypasta and a bunch of supernatural videos that I watch get to me. I have visual hallucinations, most of them are just my cat being everywhere. I guess, that's normal since I spend all of my time with him pretty much. However, some things I just plainly wish were out of my life. For example, I had a 'guest' last night.
My 'guest' was a little, blonde girl dressed in a white blouse, blue skirt and hair up in short pigtails. She didn't really look like a person, no she looked like a reflection in splashed water. I was pretty much refusing too move and watched the girl disappear one piece of her at a time. I think I was waking up from a nightmare. All of this happened at two last morning.
The dream, or nightmare as I should say was perhaps more creepier. I pretty much remember bits and pieces, maybe I am just shutting the dream out due to how freaky it was. I remember waking up and seeing a transparent version of my stepfather next to me in my queen sized bed. He slowly vanished. There was more trouble with my mom and some guy that she was dating.
I was being accused of faking being possessed. I don't know what I did, but it seem to warrant my mom, my mom's boyfriend and my younger half sister yell at me. Things seemed to progress for the worst. It resulted in them seeing me being violently thrashed around from wall to wall by an invisible force. They knew then that I wasn't faking, but they, especially my mom didn't sympathize with me. No, she thought I deserved the torment from my unseen attacker.
I don't know how I woke up, but I did. I woke up and woke what happened on whatever paper that I could find.
I even drew a picture of the girl, not a very good one.
This is not a creepypasta, by the way.
Thanks. I appreciate that. :-) Since, thankfully, things are going so well, I think I can start reviewing drafts/stories again. Just remember that even before this I took my time with reviewing, so it would take some time for me to review anything. Thank you again for your patience. Here's wishing you and yours the best too. Raidra (talk) 03:02, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I have a good update. Mom went to her appointment today and they were impressed by her recovery. The site of amputation had healed well enough that they removed the bandage. She had been seeing the podiatrist every week, but he likes her improvement so much that her next appointment is in eight weeks. She’s going to visit someone to make her a special shoe insert. We’re blessed that her recovery has gone so well, and that there have been so many people asking about her well-being. :-D
RE: In Need of Advice
I am a Scaredy Cat
I am or was planning on donating blood today, but I am scared to for some reason. I am also scared of writing up my stories. It seems that I cannot muster the will to edit them. I am such a scaredy cat. Hellhound iscariot666 (talk) 12:23, July 9, 2016 (UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1Pbvaajf0 I found this, not sure if you ever heard of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. It was something that I used to watch with my mom, stepdad and my younger half-sister. I've pretty much seen all of the episodes. I did try to give Tales from the Crypt a try, but it's kind of too cartoony for me.
Anyways, I think I spend some time working on some of my stories. I think I might have found someone that might be able to help me with them.
I think I'll start with Meltdown first or maybe one of the stories that I have on Deviantart in my stash.
I heard about this case about this corpse that was found, it was that of an African American little girl. It was found in 1983, but nobody has been able to find out who this girl is since her body was found without a head.
The other long list
This evening I remembered promising to read and review some of your other stories. With everything going on I'd completely forgotten. I copied and pasted the list of your creepypastas into a word file. It'll take some time, and I'll have to do it little by little, but I hope to get it done. Thank you for your understanding. Raidra (talk) 00:07, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
- I was thinking you could post on a blog or maybe have it as a slideshow on your user page. Raidra (talk) 00:02, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
Mom went to the foot doctor this afternoon and he liked the looks of it so well that he said she doesn’t need to see him anymore unless there’s a problem. He told her she’s been taking good care of the area. :-D Raidra (talk) 00:20, August 10, 2016 (UTC)
- I just wanted to give you an update. Mom went to the podiatrist today and he said everything looks good. :-D Raidra (talk) 00:37, September 3, 2016 (UTC)
Animatronics Under Water
I am sure that you got my note on Deviantart. I hope you're doing well. The nightmare that I discussed really scared me, especially with the animatronics in tanks with water filled with them. I remember there was also a boy and a girl that would talk to the children, they were pig-like and were dressed up like a cowboy and a cowgirl. The restaurant is pretty huge with large folding tables next to and in front of the aquariums.
I also had this nightmare with a Middle Eastern deli and grocery store that I used to live to, apparently I dream in creepypasta. According to this dream, there was a forked road somewhere near this deli and the gas station next to it, probably behind it. There were two teenage girls that had hitchhiked all the way, they were both abducted. One was killed and the other hasn't been seen since.
Locked pages question
I have a question- do you have some pages locked? I tried to do clean-up on a page or two recently and I somehow wasn't able to. It's possible the mistake was mine, so do you want me to try again? Raidra (talk) 00:27, September 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I just tried it for one and it let me do it. I'll try the other one. Maybe the error was on my end the whole time. Raidra (talk) 14:05, September 17, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Locked pages question
Update and another question
Mom went to the foot doctor last week. She has a friction blister on her right big toe, but they say it shouldn’t be an issue. She went to another doctor and got some medicine for it. It’s already looking better, so that’s a relief. She also picked up her special shoes last week, so things are going well. :-D
I'm almost ready to clean-up and review "Historic Points of Interest--Ferrisville", but I have a question first. There's a line reading, "This zombie hellbeast was around 6'12 and was a hefty 350-400 pounds and could easily do me serious damage." "6'12'"? Raidra (talk) 00:49, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Wouldn't 6'12" be seven feet though? Raidra (talk) 00:11, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
Yesterday Mom went in for a check-up and they liked what they saw. Today she celebrated a milestone birthday (I’m not saying which one because it isn’t polite to reveal ages like that). This past Saturday my brother and his wife took us out to eat to celebrate, so we had a good time. Thankfully things are going well.
I was originally just going to share this video with Vroom, but I decided it was just too wonderful. Behold the glory of weird Japanese capsule toys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbrKYJeGdc Raidra (talk) 23:58, November 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey, it's good to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear things aren't going as well as they could right now. Yeah, I'm upset too, and angry at a lot of people right now.
- I'm gradually working my way through your stories (all of which are good). I have a couple questions about combining paragraphs in your stories. Some of the paragraphs seem like they can be combined, but someone pointed out that I shouldn't do anything without asking you. If you ever feel that I've changed something I shouldn't have, let me know so we can discuss it. Once again, I appreciate you letting me edit/review the longer stories in shifts. Sometimes I don't feel well, and it's a help to be able to do the editing over an extended period. Raidra (talk) 00:10, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you. I appreciate the trust you have in me. If I ever do gobber up the story, please let me know. I also appreciate you letting me know you'll be gone for a bit. Good luck with the graphic novel, and with the family visit. I know that both things can be rewarding & fun at times and frustrating at times. Happy Thanksgiving! Raidra (talk) 00:10, November 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Here's a little something for you- http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Raidra/Happy_Thanksgiving,_my_friends. Raidra (talk) 15:11, November 24, 2016 (UTC)
You know how in your story "Historic Points of Interest--Ferrisville" Patches missed a year of school because of rheumatic fever? Well, something was brought up today that I'd forgotten, partly because it was before I was born. When my mother was four years old, she also had rheumatic fever and was sick for a year. It came up in conversation today because a former classmate of hers wondered how she could be a year older than he was. I thought that was ironic and thought you might find it interesting.
I also thought you might find this interesting- http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_License. I wondered if you'd want to have something like this in one of your stories, or maybe just have some weeaboo claim they have one of these (like Lolly claimed to have magic gemstones). I hope things are going well. Raidra (talk) 01:05, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
- That last comment made me think about what kinds of hunting & fishing licenses and permits might be seen in the world of your stories. "This license enables the bearer to hunt all species of wild peryton, makar, and catoblepas in proper season, provided they are not with young." Raidra (talk) 23:58, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
Here we go again
Here’s an update I hoped I wouldn’t have to make, but unfortunately, it happened again. Earlier today they removed half of Mom’s right big toe. She’s now down to eight and a half (which I think is the same number as Nightmare on Elm Street movies). I’m ticked off at doctors at this point. However, we’re thankful because things went well, and we’re confident that her recovery will go well too. Thanks for your continued well-wishes. Raidra (talk) 01:08, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Good news- Mom came home from the hospital today! :-D Raidra (talk) 00:23, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Happy New Year! Thank you for that. It's not the development we would have preferred, but thankfully she's been doing well. It's okay; I know what it's like to be busy with other things. It may be going slowly, but I'm making my way through the rest of your stories. One of the things I intended to do tonight was edit and review "Shadow, Fog and Firelight", so stay tuned! Let me know when you make that blog. Raidra (talk) 00:28, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
Mom had an appointment today. He said the right foot is looking good, but he’d like to have another look at the left foot in a week. Things have been going well. Raidra (talk) 00:28, January 11, 2017 (UTC)
A question about band names
I have a question about the bands in your stories. "The Visitor from Curtisville" mentioned a band called Moog Vagrant. Chapter 13, however, said Mauve Vagrant. I changed it to Moog Vagrant because I thought it was a mistake, but today I read "The Canaries" and it mentioned a band called Mauve Vagrant. The question is which band did you mean to have in chapter 13 of "Curtisville"- Mauve Vagrant or Moog Vagrant? Raidra (talk) 00:31, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Gotcha. I changed the name back to Mauve Vagrant. Sorry about the confusion. Raidra (talk) 15:47, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
Hi. I noticed that you posted a draft of your entry about two or three days ago. I'd be happy to review it if I wasn't a judge, but I still felt a bit disappointed that it didn't receive any attention, so I suggest to ask someone to review it (like Jake did).
Hmm, I think there has been a small misunderstanding. I actually just meant that Jake did ask someone to review his entry (Empy). That being said, some of his reviews can go really in-depth and seem quite good, so I'd still suggest asking him anyway, as well as any active admin.
I'm still lurking about
I just wanted to touch base and to apologize for the delay in reviewing stories. I have "Umbra" and "The Mouse Child" saved to a word file to read/review at my leisure, and after that the only one I'll have left is "Dolbeer in Winter" (I also plan to read the trollpastas over time too). There are a lot of things I plan to do here and on Jay's site, but hopefully I'll have some reviews for you before too long. Raidra (talk) 22:16, June 3, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Mpratt. I am afraid I am on vacation right now and I am taking a break from reading to recharge my drive. Apologies, but I won't be able to review your story in time. MrDupin (talk) 22:05, August 5, 2017 (UTC)
Don't suppose you're familiar with the folklore tradition of Mari Lwyd? I suppose a tl;dr would sum it up as: a bunch of people used to make hobby horses out of skulls, come knock on their friends doors, and sing verses asking to enter. The owners would have to improvise and sing excuses as to why they couldn't open the door and if they failed the Mari Lwyd gained entrance. It has some similarities to an Irish legend of the Lair Bhan meaning "grey horse". Mari Lwyd is itself Welsh for "grey mare". A quick google search reveals some... interesting imagery. Hard to believe, but it's apparently a fun tradition despite all the images of glassy-eyed hobby-horses made from skulls suggesting otherwise. Anyways, I just stumbled across it doing some research about hobby horses. Thought it might interest you ChristianWallis (talk) 08:14, August 22, 2017 (UTC)
Oh, yeah, it's terrible down here. You can taste it in the air, so hazy the sun is just an orange blob. I thought it would be better up there, so close to the coast. You still in Mac Town?
Let's hope it clears up soon. I can't believe summer is over already. Went to the fair last week, good times.
just found out you posted a windigo story on here earlier this year and thought it was kinda funny, since I have one on here as well called Carbon River. Dunno why it's funny to me. Probably cos it's several hours past my bedtime. --Mikemacdee (talk) 10:42, September 28, 2017 (UTC)
No, I'm not much into social media. I apologize for not reviewing your latest story yet. Things have been hectic lately, but I'll get to it soon. Congratulations on the book! :-D Raidra (talk) 01:13, October 1, 2017 (UTC)
How are you?
Hey, so I just wrapped up an early draft of the hobby horse story. I've tried to incorporate all the prompt ideas while having a lot of fun with it myself. There's a lot to be done on it but for the most part I wanted to get the description of the hobby horse and the overal plot trajectory of "jealous douche gets his comeuppance" right. Hope you like it. You'll find it here. ChristianWallis (talk) 17:04, November 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, sorry I did link to the story in the above message. It's on the workshop because it's still a first draft but enough of it is done that I think it's worth you having a look at. You can find it here -> link ChristianWallis (talk) 09:14, November 7, 2017 (UTC)
I think it depends...
Sounds like that is a policy held by that particular publisher, not so much an industry standard. I have four stories published in ClericofMadness's We Go Bump Vol. 3, all of which are still on this wiki. I also have a story published in Mr. Creepypasta's book, which is also still on this wiki.
You may want to reach out to Cleric on this, as he dealt with the technical publishing end on his book to see what he had to deal with in that regard.
Best of luck and congrats,
The general policy for eBooks is that if you want to put a story in one, it cannot be available for free on the internet. I believe this to be one of two things: A) they don't want people using public domain or ripping off content, or B) they see it as why would people pay for this if it's free elsewhere.
I opted for physical copies for this reason; it meant I didn't have to delete anything. However, if you want to put a story into an eBook, it will have to be deleted. Might want to ask them their policy on having it restored after the eBook is out? ClericofMadness (talk) 13:57, January 19, 2018 (UTC)
Intersection Pretty Boy
Long time no see! How are you doing today? Anyways, have you ever heard of Junji Itou? I actually started watching an anime adaptation of some of his work. I even finished four chapters of the fifteenth volume called Lovesick Dead. I am planning on writing a fanfiction about said manga.
https://mangapark.me/manga/itou-junji-kyoufu-manga-collection/s2/v15/c1/e2/16 Here's a link to the manga that I just finished up. The story is about a 16 year old boy that moves back to his childhood home after his dad's work transfers him there. Weird things begin happening once he moves back and dates his childhood crush. Apparently, there is a game played by mostly girls his age. The game has them standing at the corner of an intersection. They ask any random stranger for advice regarding mainly what to do about their love life. An infamous figure that the girls hope will give them their fortune is a mysterious young man. He wears all black, has pierced ears and his handsomeness is said to be otherworldly, everyone calls him the "Intersection Pretty Boy". All the girls that have met him have pretty much killed themselves.
- Go ahead and try uploading it here. It may take me a couple days, but I'll do it. Raidra (talk) 03:06, January 31, 2018 (UTC)
It's evaluation time!
Okay, I read the draft and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was cool to see the story in book form.
Here are a couple typos, and I blame myself because I overlooked them previously. I've already fixed them in the copy on this site.
- Page 59
- “It’s the Summer Solstice,” a silky-sounding voice replied. “What so you expect?”- “It’s the Summer Solstice,” a silky-sounding voice replied. “What do you expect?”
- Page 60
- What one of these creeps caught me eavesdropping?- What if one of these creeps caught me eavesdropping?
- Page 97
- Why was so cold in here? Did I close the window? Of course I did. So why I feel cold then?- Why was it so cold in here? Did I close the window? Of course I did. So why do I feel cold then?
I may have said this already, but it's great how you establish the history of these places and cultures, making them all the more realistic and identifiable to the readers. I liked the way you put illustrations before each chapter to establish the transitions. In book form I could see the details in the illustrations better, like when the eyes on the walls were reflected in Kes's eyes. The drawing with The Rose Prince visiting her in bed was especially disturbing because it showed what a creepy stalker he is. Shortly after that I loved the picture of Miss Tabitha chilling in one of the moving boxes. In short, this was a great story made even better. Good job! :-D Raidra (talk) 01:47, February 1, 2018 (UTC)
You're certainly welcome! It's always a pleasure. Yeah, that's a tough decision. It'd be a shame to have it removed from the site, but in the end the choice is yours. Let me know of any developments. Raidra (talk) 03:28, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
I wouldn't call Kes self-centered, just trying to make her way in life. She finds her way in various situations for one reason or another and has to navigate through them. She's just trying to survive and get established. Raidra (talk) 02:01, February 7, 2018 (UTC)
The most likely scenario is it will still need to be deleted, as I believe they use an automated system to detect the text of the stories to ensure people aren't uploading public domain stuff or whatever it is. ClericofMadness (talk) 06:23, February 19, 2018 (UTC)
As far as CP Wiki is concerned, I'm pretty sure none of us admins are going to mind if you rename your story. After all, it's your story.
As for the e-publisher, you should find out if they have an email for questions like that. Contact the publisher directly and inquire what the limitations are when it comes to digital reprints. The company I'm using to publish my anthology this year is fine with multiple reprints (either digital or traditional.) It's all in the way the company structures its production and distribution. Sweek (the one I'm with) prints the book to order. So, if a bookstore orders 50 copies, they only print 50. If a customer orders one, they print that one. That way they're getting paid everytime, so it doesn't matter to them whether or not there are reprints out there potentially creating competition. If the publisher that you're using produces X amount of books in hopes of future sales though, then they will likely want exclusive printing so potential customers can't just read the story for free on the web.
I would suggest you look at Sweek, however, be aware that they strictly distribute in Europe at the moment. I'm okay with that since I sort of want to test the market with a smaller release, and since they don't get exclusive rights, I can always pursue other publishing through a US based company if I want to.
Best advice here, make sure you ask these questions to the publisher first. The last thing you want to do is rename the story here or something only for them to find it and freeze sales on your book (or cancel it) due to violating a contract or something. You don't want to risk derailing your success at the start.
TL,DR: Contact the publisher and ask them directly. Don't take chances trying to game the system.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Honestly it all depends on the story. Sometimes we get one that is so obviously not up to QS or themed to a blacklisted category that it's a not brainer. In cases where I'm on the fence what I'll typically do is mark it for review and bring it to the attention of the rest of the admins. When that happens we'll put our heads together and see if we think the story can be salvaged with some editing (we'll never change the plot or mess with creative dialogue) and if it's just a matter of fixing grammar, we'll do it.
I recall once finding a great story with a gripping plot and characters that had just been formatted incorrectly when it was uploaded. In that case I took the time, with some help from another admin, and we fixed up the formatting issues. Another time I read a great story with a ton of the same grammar errors when it came to punctuation. Quotations were used wrong in every spoken sentence. However, because the story was so good, I once again took the time to fix it.
So, to answer your question as best as I can, I'll never delete someone's work if I have even a shred of doubt that it doesn't perhaps have a place on this wiki. The admin team here is far more interested in bringing the best out of authors and if there is a way to salvage someone's submission, we will do all we can.
If it's your story that you're requesting to have removed, any admin will be happy to do that for you upon request. It's your story after all and yours to do whatever you'd like with. If you have something you need deleted, feel free to ask me or any other admin and we can take care of that.
Just link anything to me that you'd like me to remove and I'll be happy to take care of it for you.
I'm sad to see such a great story gone from the wiki, but I know this is part of the next big step in your writing career, so I guess it's bitter sweet. If there is anything else you need help with please don't hesitate to reach out.
Best of luck,
Options are there
Well, Sweek is a damn fine company. They are very "pro-writer" and are very willing to help authors promote their works. Keep in mind I'm working with them on a couple projects at the moment, so my opinion here is probably a bit biased, but I wouldn't suggest something if I didn't believe in it.
With that said though, they are still limited to just UK sales as far as bookstores go, though I imagine they can help sell your book anywhere via online orders.
If you need any help marketing or promoting, please let me know. If I were you I'd be busy creating some buzz on social media about your book. I'd suggest just gridning the ever living hell out of Twitter. Facebook really isn't a great tool anymore and Pintrest and Tumblr are both very niche and won't appeal to a broad audience. Honestly Twitter and Youtube are probably the two best tools in the world for indie writers at the moment for free promotion.
I won't bore you with too much unrequested advice, but I will recommend that you focus on growing your Twitter following. To get followers when you're new, you have to follow a ton of people. The easiest way is to simply search keywords on Twitter like 'horror author' or 'creepypasta' or 'suspense.' Follow other authors. Don't be afraid to ask for retweets either. Most people will actually retweet if you ask them, I do it for folks a lot and it's really not a big deal.
Anyway, let me know how it goes with unlocking the freeze on your book's distro. Hopefully the removal of the story from this site will allow your book to get moving again. If there is anything else I can help you with, please reach out.
Well, with Twitter you can't post something on someone's page. What you can do is tweet them with the link and they'll see it on in their notifications and your followers will see that you tweeted it, but it won't stick to that person's page in the same manner as if they were to post it themselves.
If this is someone who has a big following and useful influence in the writing community, what I would suggest is that you reach out to them and ask them to either retweet your post promoting your book, or ask them to compose a tweet themselves. If the person is a celebrity or a has a major twitter following, they may not even respond. But that's how you do it.
If you want any other Twitter tips feel free to ask. I've gotten pretty good at working the tweet machine and it can certainly bring a lot of attention to your work.
I would suggest sending that person a DM since it's more of a personal question than a general comment.
As far as your Twitter page, I noticed a few things that you may want to consider to increase your followers and bring more exposure to yourself as an author. Keep in mind these are just observations based on what has worked for me and what the industry recommends.
1. I would suggest changing your profile picture to an actual picture of yourself. Potential followers tend to trust accounts that are presented as transparently as possible. Avatars are fine for social media sites where the posts and commentary are the main attraction, but Twitter is more about person to person interaction. A real photo will put those that view your page at a better sense of ease when it comes to possible retweets and such. Remember, if someone retweets your post, your words are now being represented as something that they are endorsing, so you want to maintain a Twitter page that feels as "human" as possible, if that makes sense.
2. I would consider changing your banner to something that promotes you as an author. The banner at the top is essentially your page's 'branding' and is usually the second thing a potential follower will see. (Your picture being the first.) I'd refer to Canva.com where you can generate free, professional looking banners that are automatically sized to work with Twitter as well as many other social media sites.
3. In your profile description, I'd add a hashtag before the words 'aritist' and 'writer.' Hashtags generate views when searched, and doing so on your page will ensure that when those tags are entered that your profile will populate somewhere in there.
4. I would suggest removing both 'Creepypasta' and 'Reddit' from the description. I would simply describe the genre that you write in. The reason being is that those are both very niche terms, and with Twitter you're wanting to go broad.
5. I would also avoid using the description "semi-professional" and "newly published." When promoting yourself you want to create an image that you are above average without bragging. The easiest way to do this is to avoid subjective description. Being cocky is bad, but using terms that insinuate a marginal level of presence can also lead people to dismiss you.
6. You have a typo in your profile where it says "Creepypasta. wiki."
7. Tweet more, follow more. I know I've already mentioned following to get followers, but tweeting also helps. Also, retweet from big names in the industry, retweet other people's stories, retweet writing advice... etc etc. Research has shown that Twitter users who post about other people's accomplishments and broad topics grow their accounts far faster than users that simply tweet about themselves.
Anyhow, I hope some of this advice is useful to you. As I said above, this is what has worked a bit for me. If you like your current page as it is, then please leave it as it is.
If you need anything else or have questions, please reach out.
I'm very happy that you found my advice useful, I'm glad that I could help. The picture and the banner work great and convey the message that the viewer is looking at a writer/artist account.
As far as being nervous about tweets, I can certainly understand how that can be a concern. It's very easy to be misunderstood online these days. Best advice, keep social commentary neutral, avoid politics and religion and write your tweets as though you're talking to your next publisher.
Keep your tweets postive in general and if you think of something witty throughout the day that makes you chuckle, share it with the twitter world. One solid retweet and your little musing could go viral.
Well, if there is anything else I can do to assist, please reach out.
It's true that they do charge for some of the more premium designs, but I've always found that I could create attractive book covers for e-books with what they offer for free. The nice thing about current trends in design is that simplified concepts are popular. My take on that is the less comprehensive, free designs currently offered fit well with what is working well in the industry.
Also, two current trending hashtags that you should use on Twitter for promoting your work right now are #amwriting and #writerslife. Both of these will pull attention to your page by members of the community should you choose to tweet. Just make sure you use them in the right place. In other words, if you tweet about what you cooked for dinner, don't use the writing hashtag. Use it for genre related topics.
As for tweeting your book, make sure you use milestones as a reason to tweet your book out. Your first review, your first sale, your first whatever, those are great reasons to create a tweet and add a link to your book. This will allow you to self-promote without spammig.
Another piece of advice that is often missed, don't be afraid to ask for retweets by simply starting your tweet with "Please RT." It's not considered bad Twitter etiquette to do so, and is actually recommended by industry experts. Also, tweets that include pictures, links and hashtags are statically shown to gather more attention and generate followers.
Finally, I've thought of some Twitter users that you should defiantly follow. Retweet their posts and comment on their threads. They have a lot of exposure and relevance in the indie writer community, and a retweet from them can bring lots of eyes to your work:
Mr. Creepypasta - @mrcreepypasta0
CreepsMcpasta - @creeps_mcpasta
Creeparoni - @creeparoni
Cleric Of Madness - @creepypastawiki
Travis Kuhlman - @empyvectiveTK
The last two are Cleric (our wiki found, as you well know) and Empy, our much missed former b-crat.
Mr. Creepypasta and CreepsMcpasta both have great followings of fans within this community and are very helpful to writers who need assistance in gathering exposure. Creeparoni is one of my all time favorite Youtube narrators and an all around incredible human being. She narrated my entire Tobit series over the course of two years and has a respectable subscriber base on Youtube.
Her career has put a slight delay on how many readings she still produces, but she is very approachable should you ever wish for her to read one of your stories on her channel.
Which brings me to my next piece of advice; depending on how you personally feel about Youtubers narrating your work (some artists are for it, others are against it) it is a useful tool in gaining followers and relevance. Obviously I wouldn't recommend having anything read that could affect any future publishings (some companies don't like Youtube readings, as they are essentially free e-books in their eyes) but if you have a story or two that you don't intend to try and sell traditionally, I would suggest reaching out to some of the popular narrators in the Youtube community and requesting they read such stories. I've found a great deal of exposure when a story of mine is read on Youtube. Having a narration also opens up a new market for your work. People can't read while they're driving or walking (well, they shouldn't...) but for long car rides or walks, people can listen to your story. This serves an almost identical purpose for you as a writer, because whether a fan is reading your story or listening to your story, they're still receiving your story, which, in my opinion, is the goal of writing the story.
I'll close on that by reiterating that those are my personal thoughts on gaining exposure and may not be the best path for you. Find what works for you and promote that. I do hope though that this advice is of assistance.
Speaking of Twitter
So I noticed that the Twitter link on your Creepypasta Wiki profile is broken. Clicking it brings up a 'user doesn't exist' error.
I'll have to check and see how mine is set up. Changing your Twitter name doesn't change the URL, that would only change if you made a whole new account with a different @.
This might help
Okay, mine is functioning and it's set up with just the @ address. Try just plugging in:
The E-Book of Doom
- It should be interesting, and I'm sure it'll be great in any form. Raidra (talk) 13:46, March 1, 2018 (UTC)
A sad update
I’m sorry to report that my mother passed away this afternoon. She appreciated all the well-wishes she received. I probably won’t be very active online for a while. Have a blessed day. Raidra (talk) 22:31, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
Thank you, I appreciate that. I know how it is. It can be easier to write stories in a shared universe than to find words in a situation like this. I appreciate the well-wishes. Raidra (talk) 02:33, May 4, 2018 (UTC)
- I shared your message with my brother, who replied, "Thank you for sharing. There’s the perception that everyone on the internet is a mean spirited troll. But that’s not true. There are some good, caring people out there. " Raidra (talk) 01:17, May 7, 2018 (UTC)
Flamin Tales wiki
Hello there im inviting you on our FlaminTales Fandom to create your own stories videos and pictures.
or you can visite the fandom and spread the word.
- You can also post trollpastas and other stories that aren't good fits for the Creepypasta wiki. It's your decision, though. Raidra (talk) 14:41, September 9, 2019 (UTC)
"What Happens When The Vampire/Werewolf/Elf Kid Grows up"
Of course! ^ ^
Unfortunately I have an exam tomorrow so I will be unable to review it right now as I'm still in the process of studying and prepping. I'll try to provide some feedback once my schedule clears up later on on Monday. Have a good one. EmpyrealInvective (talk) 04:08, June 15, 2020 (UTC)
I'd be happy to
- Even when they're not harassed by ghosts and monsters, they still get into trouble. This was another great one. I liked the twists (such as what the supposed Umiobake was and what the treasure turned out to be). My favorite parts were the parts in the woods, but the others were good too. I have a list of minor grammar issues I feel should or could be fixed, but I'll have to look over the latest version of the story to see what's been changed and format a list. It's always a pleasure! :-) Raidra (talk) 17:25, June 17, 2020 (UTC)
RE: Dolbeer Stuff
I see that Emp left a review on your page. Since I am a bit pressed for time, could you first fix what he pointed out? Then I can take another look at the updated version, I think that would be most efficient.
- Sorry I was late to respond. Got pretty swamped the last few days. If you need another pair of eyes after the updates, I'll be happy to look as well!